What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

We had another fabulous dinner at Tillie’s in Short Hills. We need to do a HO down here. The food is so good. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

We had our monthly feast at Chengdu 1 Palace with enough leftovers for 2 more dinners.
Below is a link to the details and pictures.

Mrs. P made a delicious creamy fresh sweet NJ corn pasta with fresh homegrown basil. Pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

3 Likes

Mrs. P made her famous spicy smoky Andouille sausage pizza that we enjoyed al fresco on the deck on a beautiful day. Below is a link to the pictures in the main WFD thread.

2 Likes

Ceviche kind of night, with an ice cold East IPA and the Champagne of beers, of course.

9 Likes

I should also add, per “request of” my Peruvian girlfriend, that this is Peruvian ceviche. I opened the beers tonight.

BTW…I have been drinking Miller Hilife since 1962, when my dad gave me a sip of his when I was 8 years old!! love it today as well!

1 Like

I usually have 4-5 different beers in the fridge, but the one constant is…High Life.

1 Like

Mrs. P made a delicious roast pork tenderloin salad. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

looks phenomenal as always

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Met!

Mrs. P made Asian pulled duck leg confit tostados with a refreshing side of corn salad. Details and pictures are in the WFD thread below.

1 Like

Our friend from Staten Island had us over for a caviar dinner. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

1 Like

Late night Long Hots, Zucchini, Scallions, and Eggs. Getting my greens in.

5 Likes

Mrs. P made her summer quail salad. Details and pictures in the link below.

We had a real crab fest tonight thanks to the beautiful King crab legs and dungeness crab that we bought at Costco. Below is a link to the mouthwatering pictures.

2 Likes

Beautiful stuff. The Costco king crab legs are really such an amazing deal and so easy to make. I have no idea why we haven’t done this recently in my house.
What wine did you guys have with it?

2 Likes

Thanks @Metsfan86! Yes, the huge and meaty King crab legs
were only about $20 per leg, and the huge dungeness crab averaged about $12.50 each…
I didn’t have any wine tonight. I have been drinking all weekend :slightly_smiling_face: Tonight was all about the crab :grinning:

1 Like

The rain yesterday mid-smoke threw me for a loop and then I wrapped mid way through (which I never do…and probably won’t again) I ended up with too soft, falling off the bone ribs. Boo.

But in the past I’ve put a couple pics of decent food in this thread, have to show the crap, too.

7 Likes

After 2 decadent dinners of King crab claws and Dungeness crab, with a ton of butter, we decided to have a healthy dinner of cauliflower steak for a change. Below are the details and pictures.

2 Likes