What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Nice job Greg!

I’m just relaxing. Dinner looks awesome!

4 Likes

Below is a link to the details and pjctures of Mrs. P’s fabulous July 4th dinner.

2 Likes

Nice Greg. Do you cook lobster yourself or buy already cooked?

1 Like

Nice CJ. Where’s that view from?

Looks amazing as always. Too hot for the deck tonight?

1 Like

I got them at Shop Rite and asked to have them steamed.

That’s in bayville

Thanks Mr. Met! Yes, unfortunately it was too hot to eat on the deck, even with the umbrella up. It was just too humid.

Nice. I’ve never tried buying it there steamed before but think I have to give it a try next time bugs are on sale there. The process to cook them st home is so unappealing that I think it’ll be only way I’ll get to enjoy them. Two lobster rolls for under 15 is a steal.

2 Likes

It saves a lot of mess and trouble which is why I have them do it. We bought three lobsters which totaled about $28 (after the discount) and they yielded six lobster rolls.

In my experience, one lobster USUALLY equals two rolls. But alas, sometimes the bug is deceiving. This batch was perfectly two each. Luck of the draw.

3 Likes

As posted in this thread, I tried my new air fryer out tonight:

2 Likes

We had an excellent dinner at Le Salbuen in Montclair. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

When you are in the business and you get home at 11:30, sometimes you use up what you got. July 4 leftover fried rice. London Broil, Pork Chop, Jalapeno Sausage, Hot Dog, Hot Soppressata Fried Rice with Huancaina Sauce.

7 Likes

Afternoon snack…some old bay crabs

8 Likes

We had another spectacular dinner at Cafe Panache in Ramsey. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

1 Like

It’s been awhile but in what turned out to be a funeral laden weekend I have to travel to Massachusetts for the 2nd round of paying respect(s). So what’s better to leave the family with for 2 days of sustaining…a big ole pot of gravy!

Steak and chicken pizzola for dinner with plenty of leftovers for the next couple of days!

7 Likes

Looks great…but real sorry for the reason!

1 Like

Was going to say the same… sorry for your loss, Bob.

1 Like

Thank you both.

We ate at a new restaurant in Montclair called Cafe Moso (for Montclair South). Below is a link to the details and pictures.