What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

That’s exactly what the park looks like where we see them most.

:drooling_face:mmm

What area is this with the cougar sightings?

I’m caring for my mom in Florida at the moment. Their area is very park like. I see at least a dozen deer a day. One doe has twins who are nursing so that was a rare sighting for me.
I walk on the paved trails here and the deer watch you and maintain about 10 - 12 feet distance. The new moms have extended the distance and make sure the fawns are behind them.

3 Likes

Very northwestern corner of WA state. Had a doe that had been jumping our yard fence all year jump it again and birth twins a couple of months ago. In one of my flower beds. That was crazy.

3 Likes

Ordered chicken parm with vodka sauce tonight and the guy on the phone says, “How about a penne vodka with chicken and we put cheese on it?”

Not the start to the convo I wanted. I then explained that wasn’t what I wanted and he then understood. I’m not feeling too confident in this delivery.

I haven’t ordered anything other than Chinese in about two years after being continually disappointed and boosting my own cooking skills. We shall see.

3 Likes

Mrs. P made her summer pan seared quail salad. It was a real work of art and almost too pretty to eat. ALMOST :grinning: It was sweet and savory.
Besides the quail it contained strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, arugula, roasted figs, sautéed red onions, crispy duck cracklings, delicious red sable grapes that tasted like wine, mini peppers, shishito peppers, homegrown red snacking peppers, olive oil, S&P, fresh shaved gruyere cheese, and reduced balsamic syrup. It went great with Gran Maestoso primitivo.

20 Likes

So sweet! I’m loving the sweet deer stories. :blush:

Gorgeous

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Stunning. Looks like a painting!

1 Like

Here’s Dolores. She comes to eat apples that have fallen off the tree everyday. She did get in my garden before I had the wire up . Medium damage . I have to keep a eye on her.

8 Likes

I can’t take it!
:deer: :two_hearts: :green_apple:

Thanks Greg :blush:

I can’t remember anymore.

1 Like

I’m on the edge of my seat waiting on a parm update.

3 Likes

Well here it is. While an overall satisfactory meal, they gave me a regular chicken parm with a side of penne vodka. sigh

An hour after we called (almost 90 mins total for delivery), we were informed that they ran out of the arancini we ordered as an app. The guy tells me, “Your food is on it’s way. Do you want anything in place of the arancini?” I responded, “How can I order anything else if it already left?” There was no response. However, when the food arrived, the delivery guy informed me that they credited my account and comped us a mozzarella sticks appetizer. That was a nice touch. But then one sub we ordered that the menu said came with fries and a cucumber salad had those components forgotten. Win some, lose some.

8 Likes

Looks decent, at least.

2 Likes

And I have a cutlet leftover for a sandwich tomorrow.

2 Likes

no matter, we’ve got it covered.

1 Like

Was English his first language?