Fiorentini Restaurant - Rutherford, NJ

We dined at newly opened farm to table Italian restaurant Fiorentini tonight for the first time. This restaurant has replaced the old Mambo Tea House Cuban restaurant. You would never recognize it. They did a sensational makeover. The restaurant is stunning. They used reclaimed wood, mirrors,and fresh moss on the walls. All of
the food is sourced from local farms when possible and is excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant. We enjoyed wild red snapper with baby carrots, buttered cabbage, and prosciutto jus; pork chop with polenta, pepperonata, kumquats, citrus brown butter jus; outstanding short ribs agnolotti with crunchy mushrooms; cacio e pepe stuffed gnocchi with mussels; winter farm salad with apple compote, acorn squash, caramelized walnuts, radicchio, in a yuzu-fresno vinaigrette. It all went great with an excellent Amarone.

[/quote]

6 Likes

Thanks for the review. This restaurant hit my radar recently, but can’t recall where I read about it. Not in my usual geographic wheelhouse, but close enough to Montclair when I visit the kiddo who attends MSU.

1 Like

You’re welcome. It’s well worth the trip. I found out about it on Boozy Burbs and possibly NorthJersey.com.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Amazing looking meal!!

1 Like

It was outstanding!

1 Like

Congrats on the big day. What a beautiful looking meal too

1 Like

Thanks! Everything was outstanding.