Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

Voodoo shrimp, a Drew’s signature dish, is always on the menu. There would be a major revolt if he took it off.

2 Likes

The crawfish cheesecake is excellent. It tastes like a savory cheesecake and is served cold. It was a special, and is not on the regular menu.

1 Like

Ok thanks

Man that’s a great looking meal Mr P! I’m sure it tasted
Just as lovely.
How are you finding the new location? I know it was a hot topic earlier this year.

1 Like

Thanks! I love the new location. The setup is so much nicer than the previous location. They have nice exposed brick throughout. Parking is actually closer when you get there early, since I can
park in front of the restaurant. While the previous location, the parking lot was away from the restaurant and you had to walk a bit.

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Since we continue not doing indoor restaurant dining, we have been getting take-out from Drew’s at his new location every few weeks. Those of you who have been to Drew’s know that his portions are exceedingly generous. Therefore, we have enough for two main meals and one supper.

We always start with the Southwestern Caesar salad. We order two, split one at dinner the evening we pick up our order and have the second at lunch the next day. I’ve learned from experience to ask for dressing on the side so that the lettuce does not get soggy. I toss, dress, and plate the salad giving a larger portion to Mr. R.

Mr. R. is crazy about the jambalaya, so he always has it. Definitely enough for two meals. I choose different main courses depending on what appeals to me on the current menu. (Drew posts it on Facebook and Instagram.) During the summer, I ordered scallops accompanined by corn risotto a couple of times. This time, I again ordered the scallops. But now that it’s fall, the scallops come with roasted autumn vegetables stuffing (in the form of a little cake) and a butternut squash cream sauce. Half the order for dinner and the other half for lunch the next day. The scallops are always perfectly seared, and the fall accompaniments are as delicious as the corn risotto was.

I always ask about the soup du jour which can be a soup, bisque or chowder. This time it was onion soup. With a boatload of onions, a hint of southwestern spice , and topped with toasted bread and cheese, it was sensational. Drew gifted us with the wonderful pork boudin springrolls. We had them with the soup for supper the next day.

Since Drew does not post the dessert list, I always ask what’s on it. Some of them understandably would not travel well. This time, there was a pear almond tart. I ordered a slice without the gelato that would come with it at the restaurant. It was excellent.

Drew’s does take-out on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, anhd Thursdays. We mask up to go inside and pick up our order around 5:30 p.m. Drew is always there. It isn’t very busy yet, so we have a chance to chat with
him. He is the best!

You can see photos of this take-out order on my Flickr here: Drew’s Bayshore Bistro (Take-out) | Flickr

9 Likes
2 Likes

When we have gotten dessert takeout that includes gelato they usually include it separately, in a little insulated cup. So get it next time!

1 Like

When I mentioned desserts that don’t travel well, I was not referring to the gelato that comes with the tart. We have gotten gelato with take-out desserts in the past. I wasn’t worried about it melting. I just decided not to include it this time.

Thanks for the report @RGR. As usual your photos look great and well done with the plating. I didn’t realize that Drew did take out during the week. Good to know. All the best to you and the Mr.

1 Like

Great to see you here, B.! Thanks for the compliments!

We actually did take-out again this evening. As usual, Southwestern Caesar and, of course, jambalaya for Mr. R. Changes: soup du jour seafood bisque, short ribs bourguignon for me (new to the menu), s’mores for dessert and Drew gifted us a slice of sweet potato pie. Photos eventually on my Flickr.

Hope all is well with your boys. Regards to the lovely Mrs. bgut.

1 Like
5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes