What's for Dinner #104 - the Almost Green Edition - March 2024

It was delicious. Best Italian food I’ve had in quite a while!

4 Likes

Baked snapper on a bed of braised romaine with diced tomatoes/mushrooms/scallions and garlic.

A few good dashes of green Tabasco to give it a kick 🦵.

25 Likes

One grilled wagyu beef patty, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a sesame seed bun.

Convection oven fries to go with.

21 Likes

Staggs Leap wine . A favorite of mine .

2 Likes

Chicken soup

13 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Drew’s Bayshore Bistro, in Keyport, NJ. It was worth the 1 hour harrowing ride in a non stop torrential downpour with zero visibility both ways. We enjoyed fig and gorgonzola toast, spicy Cajun crawfish, Cajun meatballs, pate de foie, blackened pork chop, and Nashville hot chicken and crispy fries. It all went great with an excellent red blend and Zinfandel.

15 Likes

Sharing cause pretty although my peeps didn’t really like the fritters. Too sweet. I agree. It’s a Myers &Chang recipe using sweet potatoes and Chinese sausage. And curry paste. Sugar everywhere. Bok Choi steamed and dotted with teriyaki since we apparently had no oyster sauce.

19 Likes

A couple of weeks ago I made the excellent decision to get some katsuoboshi and fresh udon noodles at Japan Village in Industry City. Et voila.

The egg could’ve come out a little cleaner, but the dashi was awesome, if I do say so myself.

22 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was a bit of an experiment. I took the leftover pork from last night, cut it into chunks, dipped those chunks into an egg wash, then panko with garlic powder and fried 'em up. Sunshine dipped her breaded pork nuggets in apple sauce, whereas I drizzled on some hot sauce. We both enjoyed this little experiment. Rice-a-roni and peas rounded out our meal.

19 Likes

Sous vide port tenderloin (60C, 3.5h) with a honey and lime vinaigrette (lime juice and zest, honey, mustard, mayonnaise, ginger, mint and oil). Served with oven roasted butternut squash with red onion, pumpkin seeds, nigella seeds, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cardamon, cinnamon, chile, sugar, cilantro and some yoghurt to finish and balance.

18 Likes

That lasagna :heart_eyes:

Reminds me of a rabbit hole I went down a while back about Del Posto’s 100 layer lasagna

8 Likes

Spaghetti carbonara with bay scallops.

22 Likes

Thanks….it wasn’t so bad considering that no pastrami sandwiches were to be had by me the 15 years I lived in Japan AND the meal was comped by the hotel since my sister often gambles there. But, indeed, if it were my choice, I likely wouldn’t go back.

As for the stress, I spent approximately 5 hours cleaning out one of the rooms in my sister’s apartment. Many, many more hours will be needed, though!

2 Likes

Sunny day #3-3/4, rained this morning, windy, more rain after midnight, etc, etc. Chicken soup with leeks and carrot noodles. Salad of mixed greens, green onion, grape toms, avocado, pickled beets, blue cheese, ranch. Wine.

21 Likes

That looks good!

2 Likes

Same here.

Late dinner of shrimp tacos en adobo with a sweet kale salad. Hit the spot.

22 Likes

Since my birthday was yesterday I spent this past week giving some thought as to where I’d like to get take out for dinner. My decision was made easily when I found out on Thursday that a favourite Thai restaurant will be closing this weekend. (Today is their last day in business :confused:) I decided to order one last meal before they close. I had my mind set on ordering shrimp spring rolls since they are my favourite but their deep fried tofu is good too so I ordered both. I also ordered seafood curry but I could only eat a bit of it so I will have the leftovers tomorrow night.

29 Likes

Happy birthday! I’m glad you got a delicious final meal from there.

6 Likes

Well, that cleaning will burn calories for you and maybe you’ll find some better pastrami. One of my brothers lived with us several times over the course of a few years. I cannot imagine living with any of our siblings now. I hope you find a way to keep your sanity until you can have your independence again.

7 Likes