What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

Salmon and shrimp cooked out on a charcoal grill along side cotc. Homemade tartar sauce with mayo, sweet and dill relish, capers and black pepper. Baked potato for him (not shown) and a few leftover DQ onion rings from last night for me. A little catsup to go with them.

20 Likes

Not to put you on the spot, but even with the exchange rate, I doubt those prices would go over very well here in Texas.

1 Like

Nice plating, scallops look great!

2 Likes

Food trucks tonight. Lobster rolls, one with butter, one with mayo. 2 lemonades for $60.00. Lots of lobster, not overcooked. We really enjoyed them. Youngest son came with us, Nashville chicken sandwich with home made pickles and waffle fries for him. The pickles were excellent.
Apologies for the bad pictures, we started eating before the shots. And the umbrellas are all a red tone.

23 Likes

I live in Canada, food just costs more. Different system, different cost of living.

I know things are much cheaper in many parts of the US.

To put things into perspective, a latte and a donut costs me $10.

5 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Drew’s Bayshore Bistro in Keyport, NJ, including awesome blackberry bruschetta with spicy Fresno chilis and herb ricotta; our favorite eggplant boat with shrimp, crawfish, Andouille sausage; crispy boudin spring rolls; fried green tomatoes; and broiled oysters. It all went great with an excellent cabernet and Syrah.

16 Likes

I know you live in Canada, hence my exchange rate comment. Your choice to go out for a semi fancy cup of coffee and donut @ $10. Everyone spends their money differently.,:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A three-sheetpan dinner tonight.

Slow-roasted Alaskan sockeye salmon, ala Jacques Pepin. A roasted mushroom and chive pasta dish from Washington Post. Roasted long beans with dill butter.

Everything green from the garden.

25 Likes

What I’m saying is, is that it is more expensive here, even with taking the exchange rate into consideration.

The meal I ordered was from a country kitchen, 60 miles from the nearest city. The patrons were mostly farmers.
This county had been predominantly tobacco farms, and is currently fairly depressed.

Drip coffee and a donut at a mediocre chain coffee shop at the Dunkin’ Donuts level in Canada = $7 CAD, $5 USD

Ordinary pound of butter at an ordinary grocery store = $9 CAD, $7 USD

5 Likes

20 Likes

Garden dinner! Mostly. A salad of sorrel, lettuce, tomato, parsley and tarragon with shaved radish, cucumber and onion.

19 Likes

Sure looks good!

1 Like

Nice looking pie . Without that trendy burnt crust .

3 Likes

Five nights ago: chili cheese dog and sauteed zucchini. Did I already post this one?

Three nights ago and last night - out

Two nights ago - frozen everything pizza with sauteed foraged chanterelles

Tonight - angel hair alla crudaiola - kid’s request

21 Likes

I’ve never had a lobster roll with ‘lots of lobster’! :laughing:

2 Likes

Sunshine and I found some Bell Peppers (Red) on clearance the other day, which are her favorite. She asked if I could make her a Bell Pepper Pizza – just bell peppers, tomato sauce and cheese on a thin crust. Easy and simple…

I made myself a thick crust with onions and ground beef.

19 Likes

Everyone’s posting light meals and salads and here I am with this ten pound plate of chicken and rice.

Needed a one pot meal tonight after a busy day. Used boneless skinless thighs, BF’s mom’s Sofrito that we froze in cubes, gandules, green olives, and bacon which I then doused with hot sauce. That’s probably not traditional.

There WAS a martini. Or TWO.

22 Likes

If that’s ten pounds, then I just had a twenty pound plate of ice cream.

2 Likes

I’ve been known to exaggerate. :joy:

3 Likes

When one’s liver was unhappy it’s certainly a good idea to stop :flushed:

2 Likes