What's for Dinner #94 - the White Rabbit Edition - June 2023

Thanks… I’ll make a small batch of black bean meat-less balls and see if she likes them or not.
Sunshine isn’t shy about letting me know her honest opinion.

2 Likes

Yes… I got some ideas from the Mayo Clinic website and we are trying.
But after torturing her with the lentil meat-less balls and watching force them down, I figure she earned a little dessert for trying.
I did have a few of the lentil balls for lunch today and enjoyed them, so they won’t go to waste. I did jazz them up a bit with some hot sauce.

1 Like

Thanks… I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Scallion crepe rollups with home-smoked trout, cream cheese, Little Gem and other garden lettuces in house vinaigrette. I ate three.

21 Likes

Miso Butter shrimp, basmatti rice, onion, asparagus, mushrooms. Cabbage, pickled diakon & carrots, Fresno chile, cilantro salad with a rice vinegar, sweet chile paste dressing. There was a Bloody Maria and gin rocks with a tipsy onion.

17 Likes

We enjoyed another fabulous dinner at Drew’s Bayshore Bistro in Keyport, NJ, including tuna; crispy panko crusted soft shell crabs; strawberry bruschetta with ricotta; crispy Cajun pork spring rolls; Cajun oysters. It all went great with an excellent Shiraz and Syrah.

13 Likes

this fish counter graced us with some local abalone this weekend. dish is a three hour braise in stock, oyster sauce, onion, garlic, white pepper, ginger, sugar, shaoxing wine. served over shiitakes also cooked in the braising liquid. reduced the liquid and thickened for the sauce. this umami bomb paired well with a Ridge Zin (100%).

20 Likes

Ridge vineyards. I miss that wine . Living in Santa Cruz. Always available at shoppers corner . Not where im Living now.

4 Likes

Most things I see posted on this site could be restaurant quality :heart:

2 Likes

I bet that abalone just melted in the mouth!

Had an afternoon outdoor gig that went reasonably well, i.e. not rained out, not swelteringly hot, no mosquitoes, decent crowd. Our last show until September, as it looks like we might make it to Berlin for July & August after all.

Friends invited us over for dinner al fresco. Everything was lovely as usual, and it’s tough to pick a favorite dish. Spicy-sour pickled cukes & daikon, salmon ceviche, Japanese cabbage salad with miso-peanut dressing, a twist on dolsot bibimbap with Chinese sausage, shiitake, and chicken, and beef mei fun. Fresh strawberries with whipped cream for dessert.

Our hostess’ wiener dog is adorable, so here’s a bonus pic. I spent the better part of the evening cuddling him (and unsuccessfully trying to keep him from trying to French kiss me) :rofl:

30 Likes

Primed for belly rubs for humans and fur buddies!

3 Likes

Awww - really cute! I love Doxies. 🩵

20 Likes

17 Likes

you might be delighted to know that shopper’s hasn’t changed much. still has that fantastic highly curated wine selection, maybe the best meat counter in town, and always the first to get any chanterelles that pop up (with the exception of far west fungi which is now in town). i think i actually picked up this Ridge from the winery itself as i try to get up there once a year (it’s now by appointment only).

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss, Natascha.

1 Like

Thank you :pray:

90° on Wednesday.
Yay! Summer’s here! :sun_with_face:

:::Mother Nature looking askance at New England saying “Not so fast!”:::

Silly me. :roll_eyes:

51° was the high today. Which meant my Perfect Sunday Dinner of roasted chicken, sour creamy mashed potatoes (with buttermilk added as well this time!), and buttered peas and carrots fit right into the weather’s rainy cool down. (Plus having the oven on for awhile on helped warm up the house.)

There WAS wine.

25 Likes
3 Likes