What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

We had an excellent charcuterie dinner mainly courtesy of D’Artagnan. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

4 Likes

The start of the annual turkey and andouille gumbo.
Stock being made from the fried turkey carcass

9 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent socially distanced dinner at our friends’ home. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

3 Likes

Grand fan of escargot !!

Same to you and all our best wishes.

My my ! Foodies absolutely. I see you had a feast !

Thank you for replying.

1 Like

The last Monday of 2020… finally :pray:t2: prepared all morning , slicing and dicing, then simmering an all organic combo of beef , pork, veal and veggie heavy bolognese ! Super delish and “cozy” . Happy Monday y’all .

16 Likes

Finally 2021, and time for … sou vide?

I watched a few videos about sou vide chicken breasts. Half said they come out lousy and half said they were the juiciest ever. So I bought the jumbo pack this morning at 6 am at Wegmans ( sidebar - hardly anybody in the store!) I made three separate vacuum sealed bags of two breasts each and went to work.

I followed the middle road and set it at 140 F for 3 hours. Unfortunately, one bag wasn’t fully sealed, so chicken soup. But I soldiered on with the four remaining breasts. A quick pan sear later and I was ready to eat.

These came out moist and delicious. Oh, and I went with only the Penzy’s Tsardust seasoning.

8 Likes

Looks amazing!!

1 Like

I thought, “Irish guacamole?“ And realized you mean mashed potatoes! :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Inspired by @gcaggiano dinner the other week Mrs. P made bacon, apple, and bleu cheese stuffed pork chop. Pictures and details in the main WFD thread below.
What's For Dinner #65 - the Brand New New Year's Edition - January 2021 - #312 by paryzer

5 Likes

Mrs. P made a coffee rubbed duck breast. Details and pictures in the main WFD thread.

2 Likes

A mashup I call “My Italian Aunt Climbing a Tree”

Spaghetti with Porky Chinese Hot Sauce

10 Likes

Mrs. P made penne pasta with smoked salmon. Below are details and pictures in the main WFD thread.

2 Likes

Exceptionally lovely Penne Rigate Pasta …
Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

Thank you @Barca!
Enjoy your weekend as well!

1 Like

Same to you …
Thank you Paryzer.

1 Like

Saturday Brunch … Zucchine, Chèvre whole meal ecological flour crepés …

(CATALOGUE PROJECT)

8 Likes

Leche de Tigre Ceviche (Red Snapper)

9 Likes

We had country ribs and a few other things. Pictures and details on the main WFD thread.

1 Like

Mrs. P made our favorite spicy Andouille sausage pizza and a magnificent chocolate sin cake. Pictures in the main WFD link below.

1 Like

Lemon curd ricotta stuffed brioche French toast with homemade blueberry compote. Messy & Delicious

17 Likes