What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Wow, looks delicious. Messy be thy favorite desserts.

Mrs. P made a decadent lobster Thermidor. Details and pictures in the main WFD thread below.
What's For Dinner #66 - the Candle Lights in Chilly Nights Edition - February 2021 - #364 by paryzer

1 Like

It’s coming. Nice to bust out Smokey Joe.
Gochujang marinated pork, tomato salad, bao de queixao. Mmm.

13 Likes

That looks fantastic!!!

1 Like

Mrs. P made guacamole with chips to start. We also had country ribs with a dry Cajun rub and beef ribs with a coffee rub. I topped mine with thick and spicy bone suckin sauce. We also had TJ’s sweet potato fries. It all went great with an excellent French Syrah.

12 Likes

So this is bubbling on the stove right now. I like to leave it to simmer for a long time. Just before dinner I’ll add the shrimp and serve with white rice.

I don’t make gumbo often, but when I do it’s more like a chicken, andouille, and shrimp stew.

13 Likes

Fried chicken thigh bites, salsa criolla and aji amarillo.

11 Likes

Mrs. P made smoky and spicy Andouille sausage, peppers, and onions. It was delicious as always.

12 Likes

Posting my leftover toaster oven meal to ask about concolon and socarrat, the almost (not like mine) burnt parts on the bottom of the pan after making rice or paella.
That there are names for it indicates that others also have an affinity for well-done, crispy rice.
The photo shows well-burnt rice. I want to find concolon or socarrat in the wild. Not so burnt like tonight’s dinner.
There was lomo saltado under the burnt rice.

6 Likes

Shredding. Beef and Chicken.

7 Likes

The almost finished product. This all came out of a yearning to cook stuffed peppers for the first time, GF dislike of ground beef, and a random jar of TJ Hatch green chile salsa.

10 Likes

Nice looking peppers!

In my experience, the best way to eat stuffed peppers is when they are almost falling apart. The stuffing is unimportant and I’ve made veggie, meat, meat and rice, veggie and rice, and whole grain.

1 Like

Try lamb!!

1 Like

Wow. A rainbow on a plate.

Looks delicious.

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

Try a combo of ground pork and ground beef and Italian Arborio rice from Lombardia. Always a success story …

2 Likes

Just about to pop in oven. Will definitely be cooking these to falling apart stage. And yes I will probably do some experimenting.

1 Like

Have to ask about the “stuffing is unimportant” part. Why not just make roast peppers?

Turned out pretty good. Going to add these to the repertoire. Also partly inspired by @paryzer for his mention of the Costco? version in the freezer thread.

7 Likes

True. What I meant was that whether Hungarian sweet and sour style ( I use raisins and stuffed olives ), or Mexican style with a chipotle-based spicy sauce, or any of the other myriad styles, any mixture you use for filling can fit any style.

1 Like

I like to do stuffed onions & tomatoes along with the peppers. Breaks it up a little.