What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

I have used Penzey’s in the past, good stuff.
This is Causa, riced potato with aji amarillo filled with shrimp salad.

This whole loaf garlic bread was served at a recent dinner. Didn’t have any as I had already had my fill of bread for the day, but it looked real tasty. Different bread than the usual. Could have used a bit more time in the oven IMO.
20201114_213421

8 Likes

Mrs. P repurposed salumi leftovers from Il Nido into a delicious pasta dish. Pictures in the main WFD thread below.

2 Likes

Given Mrs. P’s skills in repurposing some of your leftovers, I think she would do extraordinarily well on a home cook’s version of Chopped!

3 Likes

Thanks @heidicooksandbakes :slightly_smiling_face: The only problem is that she is not good with time management :slightly_smiling_face: She likes to take her time and make sure everything is perfect :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Comfort night. Chuck over Spinach and Mushrooms.

Been real comforting lately… Salchipapas.

And I figured out I can fry other stuff too! Nathan’s Fries.

6 Likes

Mahi and Shrimp with Rice, Tartar and Salsa Criolla.

11 Likes

Criolla De-Licious!

1 Like

It’s like salt. We use it on everything.

1 Like

Mrs. P made duck leg confit salad. Pictures and details in the main WFD thread below.

1 Like

The duck definitely looks like a marvel and worth a plane trip ! Ha Ha …

Have a lovely weekend.

2 Likes

Thank you @Barca :blush:
That steak and shiraz that you had looks exquisite and is definitely worth a plane trip :slightly_smiling_face:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 Like

That BLUE RARE Black Angus from the Basque Country was to die for !

And so was the duckling the Mrs. Paryzer prepared !!!

We are gourmets or sybarites !!! ha ha ha …

Here is a question; was the green casserole cookware filled with Escargot ?

Have a lovely Sunday !

1 Like

Yes, the green casserole cookware was filled with escargot in a garlicky mornay sauce. It was delicious.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay safe!

1 Like

No grill but still pretty tasty.

11 Likes

Mrs. P made Andouille sausage and peppers :yum:
Pictures in the main WFD link below.

2 Likes

Was looking for a side vegetable in Shoprite when I came across these. A lot of different bags with various varieties of chiles. Picked up these Anaheims but they didn’t quite satisfy my Hatch craving. Still a nice new product line to check out and reasonably priced.

5 Likes

Sticky, saucy, bbq ribs. Vegetables, what vegetables?

7 Likes

You should have made a Mc Rib!! All the cool kids are doing it this year.

3 Likes

Vegetables were used in making the sauce

2 Likes

First time for us attempting a version of Christmas Eve. Usually it is a travel day to my aunt’s and we contribute our traditional Siciilian spinach 'mpanata and the fig cookes. We didn’t do everything my aunt does but we hit the main dishes that are family favorites. Baked clams, our first attempt, were too bready but that didn’t stop them all from getting eaten. Octopus, I bought the precooked product, and I was surprised how tender and tasty it is. Score. Made a nice salad. Calamari marinara was great, picture sucks. Bad pic of the u8 shrimp as well. Interesting story there, as a kid you assume a lot. Going to grandmas house meant “Italian food” but it turns out the shrimp recipe came from a cousin who settled in Lawrence MA and served this dish in their restaurant. Now I can’t not see typical New England style seafood when this dish comes out. (stuffed with white bread cubed, butter, sherry and garlic) Anyway Merry Christmas to all, today will be leftovers and takeout :smiley:

10 Likes