Your favorite salmon that's not common (i.e., citrus + grilled or lemon/skillet seared are the norm)?

I hate that, too drives me crazy.

1 Like

Um, yep, they, um, should. Like fingernails on a blackboard.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed it in doctors or lawyers, but I certainly have noticed it on what I think are called “lifestyle” shows. As if those shows aren’t irritating enough. :unamused:

4 Likes

We used to attribute that to ‘valley speak’, although it appears to be prevalent in the english speaking world. How about beginning every sentence with, “I mean…”?

1 Like

Moroccan Salmon–top with a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, pepper flakes, and (optionally) cilantro. Cover and bake as you would normally (some people prefer their salmon more well-done than others).

2 Likes

Daisy Mint, a Thai and Asian restaurant in Pasadena, CA, has my mother’s favorite salmon preparation: Daisy Salmon. Menu description is “Broiled salmon steak with mayo cilantro garlic lime sauce,” but I’m fairly certain there are also slivers of onion in the sauce.

Photos stolen from Y.

3 Likes

I like the sounds of the Moosewood recipe. What is the name of the cookbook? I have several of the Moosewood ones%

1 Like

New Recipes From Moosewood Restaurant, according to my notes, although I never owned that cookbook, probably wrote it down from a friend? I have been making this recipe for 25 years or more.

3 Likes

This salmon soup is delicious. Save it for the cooler weather.

[https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/finnish-salmon-soup-lohikeitto-recipe/]

5 Likes

This looks great - thanks for the link!

Agree, that fish soup looks wonderful. May not wait for cooler weather…

1 Like

How about this one from Persiana? Rub and roast.

5 Likes

I like “The View From the Great Island”.

1 Like

https://www.harristeeter.com/r/pastrami-salmon-recipe/ccf69962-648b-4f4c-8db3-a3dfb91e4a42?utm_source=Salesforce&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=FreshCatch&utm_content=20230801_Fresh_Catch_Base

Sent by a grocery store today

Russ and Daughters sells pastrami-cured salmon.

1 Like

A smoked fish shop in TO called Schmaltz Appetizing makes a beet-cured smoked salmon and a pastrami-cured salmon they call pastrami lox. Their bagel sandwiches are inspired by or copied from Russ & Daughters.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried it, but I sent a gift box that contained some to a relative. Report came back highly positive.

1 Like

So does Trader Joe’s, I think. Or it might be tuna.

1 Like

Salmon.

1 Like