What's For Dinner #54 - The Leap Month Edition - February 2020

With the flu I had earlier this month, it wouldn’t have been much of a problem as it drove me to sleep most of the day. Like 20 hours. And when I was up, I had nothing to say.

2 Likes

In-laws arrived today. Food all afternoon and evening. Crudite with spinach-artichoke dip, wasabi almonds, and shrimp cocktail with horseradish remoulade (no pic). Then brined, rubbed pork rib roast, Austrian smothered Sauerkraut, green salad with blue cheese and French dressings, and roasted onions, shallots, and apples. A little black raspberry crostada for anyone with room (just the kiddo so far).

19 Likes

Now there’s a right royal feast!

3 Likes

Your in-laws are lucky people!

3 Likes

Avocado, house salsa

My roast chicken (dh prefers white)

11 Likes

I’m sooooo EXCITED!

I tried cheung fun again with the new set of flours, and I LIKED the outcome!

It took a few rounds of tweaking - the first batch was a bit too sticky for me, so I added more rice flour and the next batch was better but a bit too dry, so I added a bit more tapioca flour, and the last batch was just right.

The last batch was actually spot-on texture-wise to my preferred dim sum version.

But in the meantime - YAY!

(Next step is to figure how to properly add fillings.)

18 Likes

I could happily eat at your house every night. The roast chicken and sides - yum.

2 Likes

I would kill for your cheung fun.
We need to find common (real estate) ground and live next door, switch off cooking every over night.

3 Likes

That gravy :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

“That gravy” = pan drippings, additional chicken broth, flour and…a teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet…because my mother couldn’t stand weefy colored gravy.

3 Likes

They look ah-some!

1 Like

Wow, do you need more relatives? :grin:

2 Likes

Quick post work dinner…sautéed onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, and chard. Added sliced smoked chicken apple gouda sausages. Buttered baguette on the side. Wine for me, beer for DH.

10 Likes

:grin: You’re welcome anytime! That goes for everyone in WFD.

5 Likes

You know what mine looks like . Mussels with another loaf of bread . Better than the last . Baked a little longer . Cheers :wine_glass:

5 Likes

My almost 18 yo son is learning to drive on the car we bought when he was in utero!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Quick everyone, drop everything and get down to @ChristinaM 's house! :grin::grin::grin: I’ll bring wine!

8 Likes

Gorgeous! Love the cut on those slices.

We’ll also need a tour bus. And won’t her in-laws be surprised! :rofl:

Ya’ll are posting amazing looking dishes on this thread lately.

4 Likes

Not much in the way to share lately but wow to all your creative menus!

4 Likes