What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Thanks!

1 Like

Pomodoro day. Mixed grill last night, fumbled some items, still tasty.

12 Likes

I was bored today so,
Ribs fresh off the smoker

and blueberry muffins

8 Likes

Short Ribs tonight. At least there was a good game on to follow. Have patience to sear correctly and to wait for the 3rd hour. You will be rewarded.

11 Likes

(FYI Brookdale if you haven’t been give it a try!!)

2 Likes
1 Like

You know that food that you remember but can never seem to find anything similar? One of those items for me was a Pepperoni Bread from Cammaratas (sp) in Livingston from back in the day. There still is a Cammarata’s pizzeria in Livingston and I did stop in for a decent Jersey pizza meal. But I seem to remember there was a bakery in a different location. Either way, there was no Pepperoni Bread to be found.
During a recent Shoprite visit, I noticed the deli ends section was recently stocked so I took a look. Found a pack of cheese and salami and ate a few meals. I had an extra end of salami, soppresata and a few leftover pieces of pepperoni from work toaster oven pizzas. How to use them?
With scant baking experience I began to think how to take a stab at the Pepperoni Bread of my youth. The biggest problem was how to incorporate the ingredients into the dough. I decided to oven bake the meats, peppers and onions to take out the oil/water. Then, I just rolled the ingredients into the dough, folding over and adding ingredients each time. One of the things I remembered was how the pepperoni poked out of the bread.
Anyway, after a short rise and some time in the oven, I received my reward. It was pretty good! Not exactly as I remembered but felt good to do something out of my comfort range.
Cooked some other stuff too recently. Sausage and peppers rocked over egg noodles. Press Muffaleta hit the spot.

11 Likes

Damn – just finished dinner and now I’m hungry!

2 Likes

Fantastic!! Bravo

3 Likes

I was hoping to post a San Daniele grilled Romaine and Prosciutto from Piatti Ristorante but somehow I chose a mutant Romaine with a corkscrew center. Need a straight center to wrap the prosciutto. Next time.

2 Likes

Tacos tonight.

Blue corn tortillas, pan seared rib eye cap steak, avocado, and Herdez guacamole salsa.

10 Likes

Tonight hasn’t started yet.

2 Likes

@coldbeer70 I eat dinner at 3 sometimes. I’m old - rub it in why don’t ya? :grin:

2 Likes

Started the grill at 3:00 meself :wink:

2 Likes

3pm is even earlier than early birds which normally stay at 5pm.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I had some time on my hands, so …

I marinated boneless chicken thighs in greek yogurt, cilantro, and spicy tikka sauce.

Then a quick 20 minutes in the convection oven at 420

Aarzu got nothin on these!

7 Likes

YUM! Now do the lamb chops. :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Stop and Shop had an eye round deal that was too good to pass up, so it was time for some raw beef! Tossed with home made ponzu sauce, sesame seed/oil, wasabi mayo, chicory, apples and pine nuts. Some olives were on the side.

I’m on the fence on the egg yolk, I’m not sure if it makes it better.

Any of yall got any favorite raw beef prep? Now that I’m thinking about it I think the BEST part about western raw beef dishes is the crunchy toast you get with it. It contrasts so nicely with the mushy meat texture.

10 Likes

Fry-Daddy kind of night. Shrimp, calamari, yucca. Criolla, tartar, huacatay.

8 Likes