Il Nido, Marlboro, NJ

Thanks @CurlzNJ! Yes, we made it home in one piece. It was a harrowing ride, but I drove between 40-50 on the GSP with my hazard lights on. Hopefully I didn’t bend the rim. I have the car with the mechanic now. He ordered a new tire. Hopefully it will be ready later today. I gave a very good test of the run flat tires theory :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Isn’t that what they said about the enormous mixed grill at Apella? :grin:

3 Likes

And look what happened to them!!

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKctb5sAo7I/?igshid=1h2ac7anpegho

3 Likes

So sorry to hear of your “tire” ordeal.

I am sure that the Usa has an emergency service like we do here in Spain, called R.A.C.E.

i think in the Usa is called: A.A.A.

They come wherever you are and change a tire or re-charge a battery or etcetra.

Take care.

1 Like

Thank you!
Luckily I had these ‘run flat’ tires that you can drive while flat under 50 miles an hour for about 50 miles. I was able to make it home safely and bought a new tire the next day.
And just our luck my wife hit a pothole on the way home Friday and caused another flat tire on the front drivers side that had to be replaced. So that is 2 flat tires and $800 down the drain in the last 2 weeks :worried:

2 Likes

So I read your post @paryzer and then automatically clicked on “like.”

Then I thought about it and I thought, "That’s horrible! Poor Eli! Why did I “like” that?

Glad all is well now!

2 Likes

Thanks @seal :slightly_smiling_face:
Hopefully that will be the worst thing to happen in 2021.

1 Like

Oh my … Sorry to hear about your “tire dilema” …

800 Usd $ – expensive !

Thanks! Yes, that is $400 a tire. They are special run flat tires that can run on a flat tire for over 50 miles. I can certify that through experience :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We had another fabulous dinner at Il Nido. They were pretty full in all of their dining rooms, including several diners eating outside in the heated cabanas. All of the tables were socially distanced so nobody was on top of each other. We normally go on Sundays but they are closed for Super Bowl Sunday. Service was a little rushed on Saturday because they are so busy. We will stick to Sundays in the future. Joseph, the owner has a lot of plans. He purchased the whole strip mall and got a liquor license (but will still let customers bring their own wine). He plans on putting an open lounge where the tile shop is on the corner, and providing some more open roofless dining space. This is a very passionate hobby for him. I wish him the best of luck.
Below are details and pictures in the main WFD thread.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update. I use the dog groomer in that strip hopefully they stay put.
Won’t miss the tile place, nasty bunch in there.
If he hires a couple of decent bartenders he will have to have to turn people away he won’t be able to handle the crowds.I wish him well.

2 Likes

That’s some news! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Il Nido. I enjoyed an excellent 21 day dry aged NY strip steak with a nice char. Mrs. P had an excellent crab crusted cod. We enjoyed our usually excellent charcuterie board and a cacio pepe mafaldine. It all went great with an excellent Amarone and Chateauneuf Du Pape.

9 Likes

Extraordinary as always.

Love the crab encrusted cod !

2 Likes

Thank you!
My wife really enjoyed the crab encrusted cod.

1 Like

Truly looks amazing. Have a lovely evening …

1 Like

We continued our 10th anniversary celebration with another outstanding dinner at Il Nido. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread.

2 Likes

Unfortunately my first experience at Il Nido was disappointing to say the least. My group of 4 arrived at 5:00 on a Saturday for our reservation. Within a short time, the place was filled to 90% capacity.(not 35%j). Our starters were excellent. Three of us ordered the pork tenderloin with pork belly special. Two orders were just okay. The third was mostly fat with very little meat. When it was pointed out to the waiter, he said “don’t worry - there’s plenty of meat on the inside”. As she said, it was a good thing she filled up on the starters. BTW, the waiter lowered his mask when talking to us. Not acceptable. I called the restaurant several days later to speak to the owner. The woman I spoke with asked me my concerns and would relay message to owner who would get back to me, Never heard again. Scratch this place off my list!

2 Likes

I got takeout from there awhile ago, and they forgot an item. I emailed them just to let them know. I would have expected a ‘so sorry, but thanks for being a loyal customer’ but I got no response. Leaves a bad impression.

1 Like