What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

Late dinner.
Even later dessert.
Because I got started on both late.
But it was all good.

A classic lasagna with meat sauce. Plating looks like hell, even after a 30 minute rest. I think I go too heavy on the ricotta mix and the meat sauce, as I don’t make lasagna all that often. But it tasted very good!

Crusty buttered roll and a quick salad (not pictured) of romaine, cukes, radishes, tomatoes, and croutons, and maple-balsamic vinaigrette drizzled on top. And a really nice Spanish rioja as the libation.

Dessert was lemon pound cake with homemade whipped cream and raspberries and blackberries.

23 Likes

Oh my , A Rioja . Dry , nice and friendly. Looking forward to ending this week to spring forward. Fabulous meal also .

1 Like

Grilled bacon cheese on rye sandwiches and mater soup. I got a HUGE haul of stuff from the Russian market, some of which was more rye bread than i know what to do with (froze most of it.) So today I made sort of a tomato soup from salsa roja I had in the freezer, leftover from my chile rellenos. added sour cream to thicken, spiced it even further with aleppo, urfa biber, and smoked paprika, a little salt, and a touch of sugar. Sandwich was TJs uncured Black Forest bacon (which has a bit of sweetness) and a mix of jack, provolone, gruyere cheese. Soup was actually nice, just not with this sandwich. Sandwich was delish but so rich it didn’t need a creamy soup.

12 Likes

i want to marry that steak.

1 Like

Oof! I want to fall into that lasagna (and eat my way out, obvi)

3 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Il Nido in Marlboro, NJ. Below is a link to the details and pictures for those that are interested.

4 Likes

One of those nights I just wanted finger food. My version. Tiny bean and cheese burritos. Souse vide , rib eye and asparagus. No utensils needed. Cheers .20210307_205745

13 Likes

Grilled cheese

16 Likes

Wow. Crab encrusted Cod sounds and looks amazing.
The Strip Steak is extraordinary too and blue rare which is how I prefer.

Have a lovely day ahead.

1 Like

Market Today …

13 Likes

Wow, are those small zucchini (courgettes) with the blossoms still attached?

What a happy sight. Looks like spring is making progress where you are.

1 Like

We had more keeping us busy than I thought on Sunday yet I still wanted a dinner that was not leftovers. Store-bought cheese ravioli, fresh spinach (Farmer Dave’s CSA), and shiitake mushrooms did the trick.

I concocted a light creamy sauce with a couple dabs of mascarpone, truffle butter, and a bit of the pasta cooking water.

Easy, and worthy of a Sunday dinner.

17 Likes

Oooh! You’ve been getting their winter CSA? And your meal looks heavenly!

1 Like

Farmer Dave’s “Spring” CSA just started. Eventually I’ll get around to posting about that. Until then, here is a peek at last week’s bounty. Greenhouse spinach, baby greens, and lots of storage veg (interestingly to me, the parsnips are sweetly fragrant).

16 Likes

I’d be good with this box! It’s when the kale started coming in that I and the two others I shared with at work were in major kale-overload. I froze a LOT of mine and only used it in kale-bean-sausage soup.

4 Likes

The flora on the zucchine ( courgettes) is praised around these parts !

Yes, we are coming into the green season here.

The chefs scoop these up !

4 Likes

Radicchio … A beautiful salad and sautéed Courgette in Extra virgin olive oil from Tarragona.
Simple and healthy …

12 Likes

I love Fresh Ravioli and Fresh Tortellini and Fresh Agnoletti. These look scrumptuous !!

2 Likes

I made baked ziti-style ww macaroni with homemade marinara, roasted eggplant and mushrooms, orange bell pepper, and spinach-Parm ricotta mixture. Topped with mozz. Under 400 cal/serving. Arugula and spinach salad with strawberries and balsamic vinaigrette.

20 Likes

A big bowl of Chicken Corn Chowder with Roasted Red Peppers, La Brea French dinner rolls to go with. Perfect for a cold, rainy, hail, thunder, lightening, blustery day. Thank you @LindaWhit
There was a Boulevardier consumed during prep. celebrating my second covid-19 vaccine jab today.
IMG_2815

17 Likes