What's On Your Mind 2023

Once I had BTC worth 50 USD given by a friend for building his website. During that time BTC was around 20k USD I think. Within a very short time it went up to 65k, and I had set it to sell at 60k. Anyway it tripled my 50usd. Then it was in usdt, and I think I later bought another coin. Not sure.
Unfortunately I had no way of cashing it. It should still be there now may be not even worth 50 :sweat_smile:. I tried to give it to someone free, and he thought I was trying to trick him.
The bottom line is: itā€™s just numbers. It doesnā€™t matter what the number is.

4 Likes

I had some some dollars of Bitcoin leftover from ermā€¦ā€œa seed purchaseā€ a few years ago, and then got nervous along with others a year or so ago and cashed out (which took some doing).

Man! Right time in and right time out! Too bad I didnā€™t have more than the ā€œsomeā€ dollars!

4 Likes

Nice!

I had some guys trying to ge me into Bitcoin when it was around $20 per share. I decided not to and thatā€™s one of my big regrets. Damn. I could have turned a $10K investment into $20 million.

Sucks to be me.

Yeah, I know (both for this and prior post) = First World Problems!

LoL.

1 Like

The biggest income is earned by the YouTube gurus who teach you how to trade cryptocurrency. And they post an affiliate link too, which gives them a commission for a lead. Much profitable than actual crypto trading. :rofl:

2 Likes

I donā€™t want to hear about atmospheric rivers, bomb cyclones, mudslides, evacuations and lightning strikes. Where are my oysters!

JokingšŸ˜¬

Just ordered two dozen this time.

3 Likes

The results of the final exam of the National Tourist Guide Lecturer license course is out. I have passed it, no repeat modules.
Now I must get a police clearance certificate and apply for the national guide identity card. It might take another month.
Little by little Iā€™m getting there. One step at a time.
Great relief this is.

9 Likes

Congratulations! I think you are nearing the end of your arduous trek.

1 Like

Bravo!

1 Like

Yay! You must feel so accomplished! So happy for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. More than anything else, the boarding, meal, and travelling costs are almost over. One last time I must find around 50 dollars as the license fee, and thatā€™s all.
Then I must look for an agent who needs my service. Anyway Iā€™m planning to get my own groups here rather than working for someone else.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not a first world problem. Itā€™s a universal problem :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:dancer: :man_dancing:

1 Like

Can someone tell me is this for real? As in, is this a dish restaurants offer?

2 Likes

Was over at my neighbors house today
He is a chef . From the Midwest Chicago
I donā€™t know
First edition Anthony Bourdain Bone in the throat signed and kitchen Cofidenials Showed me the signature. Super .

3 Likes

Whoā€™s got the power to play with the master headline banner? @sck? @hungryonion?

Instead of ā€œHungry Onionā€ it now says ā€œFully Satiated Onionā€ and (smaller print, hard to read) ā€œNo need to discuss anymoreā€.

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just a temporary 2nd of April joke rather than an impending shutdown or some suchā€¦

1 Like
4 Likes

So it was to be the final step of getting the license. To hand over the certified copies of the documents. I prepared them, checked them, and handed them over. They checked them and accepted.
At 7.10pm I get a call, "your national ID copy is not ā€˜true copyā€™ certified!
I must go there tomorrow.:sweat_smile: It never ends.

4 Likes

:woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Anybody tried this kind of potato prep? Looks like it might be pretty good.

3 Likes