I just ordered six dozen oysters!

I’m good with 8 day old oysters. Properly refrigerated and handled they last up to 2 weeks, much longer than beef, pork, or chicken.

2 Likes

I will slurp that juice down. Oysters are alive until shucked and if they give up a fight they’re good.

This was was liquor that was somehow in excess of what I gulped with the first thirty oysters. Not sure how that happened, but I think I saved it if I thought it might spill, when shucking. What would make oyster liquor extra sketchy? Does it harbor germs or parasites or a new covid or something?

1 Like

Just briny goodness.

1 Like

Inspired by @Presunto, @jcostiones and

http://cocinacalifornia.com/2020/03/14/oyster-aguachile/

Extra oyster juice

3 Likes

Oysters! Free shipping for Labor day from TWO sources! Fifty today, two dozen next month ( I hope! Grassy Bar from Giovanni’s Fish Market on October 1st). These are Row 34 from Island Creek, bowls down on ice packs at 40 degrees F. I’ll cover with a wet towel or another ice pack. They say I have about 5 days.

6 Likes

Those would last about five seconds here.

3 Likes

Day 10 and I just ate some of the last dozen or so, and they are still clinging to life more than I am.

These were from last Sunday; a week ago.

These were from today.

3 Likes

Free shipping of within California

Use Coupon Code: CAFREE
Offer Expires 3/19/23

2 Likes

This time just “Pacific” and “Pacific Gold”. Not sure what that means. I think gold are bigger.

Won’t be hard to dispense with 2 dozen, but additional suggestions welcome.

And mingonette?

3 Likes

The smaller ones survived the trip better.

1 Like

I wouldn’t eat an oyster that doesn’t move!

Here are two of my Favs…

https://louisiana.kitchenandculture.com/recipes/tasso-and-oysters-cream-pasta
But prefer it with fettuccine like I used to get at Orleans.

Just 3 dozen this time, from a place in SF that offers me “local delivery” for just $15.00!

Arrived in net bags with tags; one of three dozen dead. I haven’t eaten them yet because I am not supposed to be using my left arm for "repetitive motions ". :thinking:

6 Likes

More Cowbell

Sorry, I thought this thread was about Blue Oyster Cult.

1 Like

1/3 of them dead? I’d be pissed. What happened?

Gotta brag here about the oysters I got in Charleston at a fish market in late November. We got a bucketful for $45 - turned out to be about 3.5 dozen, all alive and kicking. It was a crash course in shucking for my surgeon brother in law!

Oyster shucker
Charleston Oysters

3 Likes

No; 1 out of three dozen. One of thirty six.

Did your BIL shuck all of those oysters? Beautiful!

2 Likes

Whew. He and I split the load while my sister made crab cakes!

1 Like

I thought of you and your oysters @shrinkrap :upside_down_face:

2 Likes