What's for Dinner #85: The Falling Leaves Edition - September 2022

Try this simple recipe for the night.
you will have a scrumptious dinner.
It is oven baked dish :heart_eyes:
My mom and my kiddo loved these [cheeseburger roll-ups]

15 Likes

I’m still waiting for Amsterdam, or did I miss it?

3 Likes

My condolence Greg, a Dark and Stormy seems appropriate.

2 Likes

The whole meal looks lovely. Does BF recommend a particular variety of potato?

1 Like

We were given utensils after the food was spread out. I took the picture just after the food was served and before they brought the utensils. They gave us plastic gloves to use when we served ourselves.

I’d say it’s REALLY damn good for a first attempt - especially made in a quiche pan! And yes, par-baking with a package of dried beans to hold down the baking puff will help a lot. Well done - it looks delicious!

4 Likes

Savita - welcome to Hungry Onion and the WFD thread! They look like a wonderful snack for in front of a football game or a quick appetizer. Love the crispy shells. Do you have a recipe for these?

3 Likes

The glaze on the meatballs looks perfect

2 Likes

Congrats! Quiche is such a good stand-by and great for brunch entertaining and hosting overnight guests. You can also get a crisper crust by using a metal pie tin instead. My favorite quiche recipe is from Cook’s Illustrated. It’s by no means light :rofl:

3 Likes

BLT

One of the better ones this year.

22 Likes

No, i bought russets for these, since they tend to be bigger and you can carve more holes out of one, but i noticed some recipes called for waxy potatoes.

1 Like

that looks perfect!

1 Like

no, sorry, thanks for asking! i was intending to finish that up tonight. it’s really long! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

sorry for your loss as well…

1 Like

Thank you. The 3 of us all met in grad school in 1976. He was just 67…incredibly smart and accomplished. My husband’s best friend…

6 Likes

So sad, and what a loss. My sympathies @retrospek.

1 Like

tha’s so sad!

1 Like

It is so hard when a death is unexpected - not that it is easy at any time. May your friend’s memory be a blessing.

4 Likes

For anyone that may be interested in Fugu. Dinner in Osaka.

5 Likes

Cuisine and Dish of the Quarter winners are here! Come cook, eat or read along!

6 Likes