What's for Dinner #51 - the It's Dark Outside! Edition - November 2019

Mt Shasta

1 Like

A knockout Thanksgiving hosted by my great-nephew’s widow and one of her adult daughters. Extended family, multi-generational, ages 6 to 92. Asian/Anglo. Superb food, somewhat potluck, fascinating conversations.
Much to be thankful for.

9 Likes

We all have a lot to be thankful for. Wishing you the best in the upcoming new year.

Spent the day with my very large family. I think we had just over 100 people today. Had to pick up a handle of Wild Turkey 101 on my way to Tampa this afternoon. What’s a Thanksgivings without some turkey.

Spent the latter part of the evening with one of my cousins who officiated at my daughter’s wedding. I bought him a few boxes of Davinoff cigars to thank him for his tremendous service. We enjoyed a cigar and a pour on his terrace to cap the day. All good and very thankful for good family and friends. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Again wishing you all the best as we coast into the new year.

12 Likes

We had an unconventional Thanksgiving dinner since Mrs. P doesn’t like turkey. Details and pictures in the link below.
Thanksgiving 2019 - ideas / plans / menus / raves / rants

4 Likes

Only my sister and me,
Made a ton of siomai, froze them.
I brought part of the sweet potato home and had that for dinner.
The rest, I left it for her as she does not cool anymore.

2 Likes

Small Thanksgiving for just 4 people. Everyone contributed in some way.

My BF makes the stuffing which, to date, is the ONLY one I’ve ever enjoyed and eaten copious amounts of. It contains breakfast sausage, whole berry cranberry sauce, raisins, and marsala wine.

He wasn’t on the menu but it wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a pet-related incident of some kind.

17 Likes

He’s a BEAUTIFUL cat! He didnt cause any mischief with that face, I’m sure of it. :wink:

4 Likes

LOVE that pic!

2 Likes

His looks are the only thing he’s got going for him. :expressionless:

3 Likes

I fail to believe that!

3 Likes

And that’s all he needs. He is, after all, a cat.

7 Likes

Pet people!

So crazy (Me, not you !)
Any one who knew me in my first 22 years of life would call me a cat person.

4 Likes

Hoping to come back as a cat in the next life actually :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

My naughty kitty!

12 Likes

Hilarious!

Yellow peppers

Cod, tartar, green beans

15 Likes

Happy belated Thanksgiving do to circumstances. Yukon gold potato with butter. Sliced tomato. Ctd onions and cabbage. Cooked to death with butter , red wine , and balsamic. The elk pan fried . Dressed with BlackBerry jam , butter, and red wine . I was expecting the elk to taste very gamey. Which Ilike . Not so . One of the most clean tasting meats i have ever had . Cheers :wine_glass:

15 Likes

Roasted a chicken (Zuni method) with rosemary, leftover stuffing and green beans. Salad was baby kale, persimmon, and pomegranate.

The dog is over the holiday’s already.

20 Likes

Last night’s dinner.

Pork belly mixed rice with shiitake and carrot; and
leftover chicken drumlets (and one mid joint) clear soup with tofu and mizuna.

Tonight’s.

Bought this the other day - kakinokidake. It’s the original form of wild enoki mushrooms, exposed to sunlight whereas enoki is white due to indoor cultivation without sunlight.

Smelled fruity when I opened up the package. Mushroom tops seemed bigger than enoki and they look a little similar to nameko and dried lily bulbs.

Same way to cook kakinokidake as enoki.

And pork belly in sesame oil.

10 Likes

I would like to be reincarnated as an Italian and hope my husband ( rip ) would too.
My friends always tells me they want to be reincarnated as my Pomeranians. They are loved loved loved, spoiled rotten but they deserve every bit of the love . My sister does not like pets. The rare occasions that I visit her, I bring my Pomeranians along. My Wolfie unlike Luna is every bit a sociable dog. If he knows any friends visiting, he would not accept no to being cuddled. He never approach my sister who introduce " this is Auntie Jane" to which she would reply, “I am not their aunt”

This past thanksgiving, Wolfie decided to approach her , begging to be cuddled, finally melting her heart.

10 Likes