What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

I wanted fish, and I wanted pasta so this is where we landed. Needed parsley but I was too tired to go out (and we’re not growing any this year) Btw, the tomatoes from McCormack farm in Middletown were exceptional this week.

8 Likes

Wow! Nice looking fish! Fluke? Did you catch it? Mr Bean is jealous. He hasn’t been able to go out in a few weeks. That pasta looks delicious.

2 Likes

Thank you, and yes fluke that we caught. The filets picture was from today but the fish in the pan were from a trip on Friday. I believe the filets from today are earmarked for my son’s girlfriend’s parents.

Looks like I’ll need to go fishing again. :smiley:

2 Likes

Late night grub.

6 Likes

Repost from the WFD thread: Justin made Tuscan Chicken and Prosciutto garlic bread. No vampires tonight!

20210815_195623

6 Likes

Nicely done. You must have the touch - and a good fishing spot. A friend dropped off a few fluke filets - I may have to copy our dinner tomorrow.

2 Likes

Mrs. P made another awesome dinner. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

2 Likes

That salad is gorgeous. What a meal

2 Likes

Thanks Mr. Met! It was delicious.

1 Like

Mrs. P made. clear spring rolls for the first time. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

1 Like

Get 'em in while you can…Kurobuta Chops and Bavette Steak. With a medium roasted Hatch Chile.

10 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Such good flavor and texture. Becoming a believer in the grass-fed beef. Grill brings out the best flavor. Happy to wait for braising season.

1 Like

Can’t stop won’t stop. Papa Huancaina, Angus Burger with Meunster, Green Chile and mayo, Bavette Steak, thighs. Full belly. Ain’t no one else grilling out there?

10 Likes

Looks great, but what is the first picture @KAOSKitchen ?

1 Like

Peruvian potato dish, Papa Huancaina. Cheese/cream sauce with Aji Amarillo, a Peruvian pepper.

3 Likes

Looks pretty great - thanks!

1 Like

Jalea (fried shrimp, calamari, catfish) last night and mixed grill tonight. With a little shot/beer back in between. Good weekend.

14 Likes

Three’s a charm with shrimp dishes lately. Dare I say too much garlic in this one. Looking forward to next time I cook this dish…

10 Likes

Flat iron steak, tomato and avocado salad, and yellow rice. Tuesday has become steak night since I’m out of work early enough to hit the Italian market across the street and I spare myself from having to enter our new Shop Rite and it’s hellacious parking situation.

I was at the liquor store earlier and noticed a large sign for Khor Vodka and saying something to the effect of “3rd most popular Vodka in the world”. But at $18.99 a handle I was skeptical. I nabbed one of those tiny 100 ML bottles for $2 to taste test. And thankfully so because it was awful! Jet fuel! I wanted it on the rocks but needed to add vermouth and some cocktail onions to cut the taste. Had a second drink with Stoli to remind myself what vodka really is! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes