What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Mrs. P prepared another awesome dinner. Details and pictures in the below link.

1 Like

Looks fabulous. Have a wonderful weekend.

Thank you!
Your fresh seafood meal looked extraordinary.
Enjoy your weekend as well.

1 Like

Mixed grill tonight. Kurobuta Chops, NY Strip and Lamb Burgers. Good stuff.

14 Likes

Thanks again. Have a lovely summer.

1 Like

Mrs. P made an awesome spicy Asian fruit salad among other things. Details and pictures in the main WFD link below.

2 Likes

A light supper of a watermelon, roasted beet, and goat cheese salad with fresh mint:

and a big pot of long-simmered sausage, chicken, and shrimp gumbo:

14 Likes

Looks good!!! Hope everyone enjoyed!!

1 Like

Shoprite meal. Shrimp with garlic and other stuff. Have to learn patience to reduce sauces more but still tasty.

14 Likes

Iberico St Louis Rib night. Oven prepared.

12 Likes

That’s f’n fantastic!!!

1 Like

Really tasty and easy. Ramekin has orange marmalade, sweet Thai chili sauce and cayenne.
Have been eating really well lately. Trout, NY strip and shrimp on the barbie tomorrow.

2 Likes

We enjoyed an excellent Amarone al fresco, on a beautiful evening, with Andouille pizza and homemade guacamole and chips. Pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

4 Likes

Didn’t turn out great mostly overcooked. I blame the cocktails. Veal hanger, corn from the garden, potatoes.

g

6 Likes

I want to also stress how important it is to cut across the grain when cutting your steak. The difference is huge and affects how you enjoy the cut of steak.

1 Like

Our friend invited us over for an outstanding dinner with some excellent wines.
Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

2 Likes

Arroz Chaufa or Fried Rice or Pork and Rice. Great way to use up any leftover Gochujang pork.

2 Likes

@KAOSKitchen - looks great!

Of course I eat and make fried rice too. I always thought that arroz chaufa was specifically Peruvian fried rice and I wondered if it is different from, say Chinese fried rice. Or am I overthinking it and arroz chaufa is just Spanish for fried rice in general?

1 Like

By no means authentic to any name except pork and rice for me. This one with the big chunks of pork loin reminded me of when I realized that as an adult, I could put as many pieces of bacon on my BLT that I wanted. That was a good day.
I think they’re all similar but depends on the cooking method and if you have the patience to make the rice a day before and fry it up nicely. I rarely do it that way.
Basic for me is red pepper, scallion, garlic, ginger, soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil, better than bouillon and bit of water, with a lightly scrambled egg, or tortilla as GF would say, mixed in at the end. GF makes the rice with a lot of oil so don’t have to add any. Very versatile dish and easy to make.
My hot dog fried rice was delicious!

2 Likes

20210813_224144

Marinated thighs, Kurobuta tenderloin and Kurobuta hot dogs. If you see these hot dogs in the stores, grab them as they are delicious. With accompaniments.

Salchipapas. Not a great version. Looking forward to next time I make this.

6 Likes