What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

So many ways…really enjoyed both preparations and looking forward to mixing it up. Thanks for the suggestions.
I like the open-faced option as well for more of a crust and smaller serving. Whole pepper filled is a nice meal.

The onion interests me. What is the best way to hollow one out for stuffing?

Cut one end off & cut the inner rings out with a small sharp knife. The first one will be messy till you get the knack.

2 Likes

Thrown together for a nice meal. Been here 2 years and have never used the broiler. Gas stove and it is floor level. Will use again.
Oven-roasted ribs, rice, avocado, and leftover salad over salad from Gourmet Deli in Cranford.

5 Likes

Mrs. P made an awesome stuffed D’Artagnan Heritage double cut pork chop. Details and pictures in the main WFD thread below.

4 Likes

Sometimes what’s cooking is served in a glass.
Passion Fruit Pisco Sour.

7 Likes

I wonder if you have the same stove as we do. We are renting, been here two years, and have also never used the broiler because it is floor level. That bottom drawer is basically storage and I cannot fathom practically crawling on the floor to put food under the broiler and checking to see how it is. Very frustrating. How I miss a stove that actually has a broiler in the stove! Maybe we’ll have to give it a try.

Here are pictures from the last couple of meals. I always post them in the WFD thread and forget to share them here for my fellow New Jerseyans.

Last night: Jacques Pepin’s Chicken Persillade over rice pilaf. Not a dish that will blow you away but just all-around delightful and delicious. A great meal to make if you have excess fresh parsley.

The night before: Justin made Chicken Parmesan. Whenever I make this, I usually use two thin-sliced cutlets, but he went the extra mile and used a whole breast, butterflied, and pounded thin. It is amazing seeing one smallish looking breast turn into this behemoth. I couldn’t finish it.

13 Likes

Grilled up Berkshire Pork Chop sourced from the wilds of Sickles Market along with twice baked spuds and sautéed spinach…I could not finish.

12 Likes

Love Sickles Market! And that looks delicious.

1 Like

Well if that means you are offering left overs I’m in! Looks fanfuckingtastic!

2 Likes

I had always hesitated but it worked pretty well and was worth the crouch.

2 Likes

I would Fred Flinstone those ribs.

2 Likes

Double Onion Meatloaf and Smashed Potatoes all smothered in Cajun Brown Gravy.

The meatloaf has both sauteed onion and crushed Asian Crispy Fried Onion replacing most of the breadcrumbs. I feel so much better now. This is what I was craving!

7 Likes

That’s some gravy you’ve got there!

2 Likes

Mrs. P made her delicious smoked salmon penne with some crispy smoked salmon skin cracklings to start. Details and pictures in the main WFD thread below.

1 Like

Cross post ala’ our esteemed @paryzer, I sure wish I had a Mrs.P!! Lol

2 Likes

I don’t know. You seem to be doing very well on your own. You have been killing it the last few meals.

By the way you cross posted the wrong link.

1 Like

No I was just making sure you are really paying attention!! (No matter what I do I can’t get it to link to my comment. Oh well I think people will find it if they care that much. Lol)

1 Like

When you have…
Sausage from Pecci’s
Rice and potatoes from Sabor Peruano in Rahway
Peppers, Onions, Scallions, Prosciutto from Shoprite.
You get this.

5 Likes