What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Dayyyyummm!!! That looks good!!!

It looks like you fixed it. I see the correct link now.

1 Like

So, about six hours of cooking so far today. Started off very early with a warm blueberry compote that I put on my power waffle straight outta my mini waffle maker.

You’d think that I would have rested after that but no. I marinated a mix of ground meats and water chestnuts in garlic, ginger, cilantro, jalapeno, oyster sauce, sriracha and sugar overnight. This morning I fried all that up, drained the grease, and stuffed a whole mess of wonton skins with the cooled mixture and fried them all up.

Oh yeah, and while I did all that I also cooked up a pot of chicken, potato, and onion massaman curry that I may slice up fresh avocado on top of later.

If anyone needs me, I’ll be on the couch!

10 Likes

How much of a PITA is your recipe? That sounds delicious…

1 Like

Actually not too bad. Of all the curry paste flavors I prefer Penang and this one. Then just make a soup from the veggies so they’re soft. Fry the paste with a small bit of your favorite oil to loosen it up and then mix in precooked chicken and the veggies. One can of coconut milk with the cream later and mix in equal parts to taste but I like 3 tablespoons each of fish sauce, lime jiuce, and sugar and you’re done.

1 Like

6 am fresh fried chilaquiles with cheddar cheese and La Morena chipotle sauce.

8 Likes

Are you were busy cooking, I was busy straightening out my closet. Had I known…

4 Likes

@seal @CurlzNJ

And I was busy sleeping but would have been happy to wake up and help you both with your endeavors.

3 Likes

Yeah next time either of you need help in the morning call MsBean!!

4 Likes

Grilling season! Get out there.
Country ribs, chicken thighs, Premio Hots.

11 Likes

I made these babies today and finished them as Pizziola!!

10 Likes

Great plate. Cannot get GF to eat red/tomato sauce.
Have a can of Alta Cucinas that I need to cook up. Want to try replicating sauce from last restaurant job. Great stuff no onions no sugar.

3 Likes

Nice!!!

1 Like

Phreddy!!! Where the hell have you been? Haven’t seen you in awhile! My best to you and the Mrs, good to see you post!!

4 Likes

Covid…Miss you too… I am fine relocated to Florida…temporally …Still have real Estate in NYS…but needed a break from WFD… Thanks for asking …hope to see you soon when this madness ends…perhaps at the Jersey shore…

10 Likes

Mrs. is great , although I think privately she has had enough of me in Covid…Dont worry we will make it… we are fine… Hope to have a reason to see you guys in NJ real soon

6 Likes

Spaghetti clams and a fizzy rosato

10 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! I’m actually about to hop down to FL for a few days… Was thinking I should ask you (@PHREDDY) if there’s any birria down there that I should try!

2 Likes

Safe travels Curlz!!

2 Likes

PHREDDY! It’s so nice to hear from you again. Glad to hear that things are going well as can be expected given a global pandemic. Hope to hear from you more often.