What's for Dinner #64 - This Year's Almost Over, Thank Goodness! Edition - December 2020

Here’s the original:

We have just made note of the fact that you should place a dollop of the fresh whipped cream into each cup after the drink has been poured rather than directly into the bowl before serving. It was quite the mess!

15 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

This looks delicious! I have always loved Kahlua in my eggnog, and now usually just enjoy a White Russian with (commercially prepared) eggnog as the dairy component for a holiday treat. Give it a try when you are too lazy to make it from scratch!

3 Likes

Ooh, that’s a good idea!

1 Like

It’s been a hella week. With a high probability of canceling some PTO time next week because I’m just too damn busy at year end. Extra shit keeps happening preventing me from getting done what I need to be doing. Which means I’ll lose a couple of days because of the limit on what we can roll over to next year. I might be able to get special dispensation. We’ll see.

Went with my Friday night standby: steak tips with Ballymaloe steak sauce, baked tater with TPSTOB and sour cream, and roasted Brussels sprouts.

There most certainly was wine.

19 Likes

Mrs. P made an awesome duck leg confit salad with blue cheese, delicata squash, toasted pine nuts, and arugula among other ingredients. She also made a crispy duck leg confit for me :yum: It all went great with an excellent red blend.

18 Likes

I made more sausage dressing because i still had stuff left to make it and i never really get enough. Egg for each of us, and a side of chopped kimchi to mix in for me - went surprisingly well with it - added a bit of sweetness (much like the cranberry jelly) and heat.

16 Likes

Club sandwich

13 Likes

that duck looks sinfully good…

2 Likes

Roast bone in pork loin…son and daughter in law finally here from Turkey. Their first pork in quite some time.

16 Likes

Haven’t managed to do that successfully yet.

1 Like

Thank you! It was :blush:

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll be having lovely meals with your family. Savor every minute.

2 Likes

Added bonus: Now if you have visitors from Pork, you’ll know to roast a bone-in turkey. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Blue Rare it is … Dinner Saturday at home deciding on Christmas decorations and where.

11 Likes

Prosciutto, caramelized onion, and spinach pizza. Sauce was tomato sauce with tomato paste, roasted garlic, dried basil and oregano.

Wine.

And it’s still amazing how a full fry pan of 2 large thinly sliced onions can reduce to about a bit more than a cup’s worth for restocking the freezer with small containers for later use.

19 Likes

We had another excellent dinner at Bloom in Verona. Besides the usually awesome bulgogi tacos, escargot in mornay sauce, and crispy fried chicken with ham and crispy truffled fries, I enjoyed an outstanding Korean style rotisserie chicken with kimchee fried rice, cheesy corn, and fresh rosemary, that came out in a sizzling cast iron pan. The chicken was nice and juicy. It all went great with an excellent red zinfandel. There were plenty of leftovers.

13 Likes

All the way there and back . Ridge wine from the Santa Cruz mountains. So great . I miss it sort of . I will always call home.

3 Likes

WFD was a NYC bodega style “chopped cheese.” I followed this video from Kenji:

21 Likes

Cheese and salad night to the rescue on a stormy Saturday. My new twist here is a green salad with apple slices and pomegranate seeds. The light, fresh flavors of the salad nicely balanced out the richness of the cheeses.

What a treat to sit down to a cozy, easy meal while the wind howled and the snow lashed outside.

19 Likes