What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Giants? Sucks to be you. Go Birds!!

3 Likes

Looks awesome. Thank you so much for tip about those stone fire pizza crusts. Makes pizza night so much easier and never fails to impress.
We don’t go as fancy as Mrs P though. Usually just pepperoni and mozz or prosciutto, feta, arugula with extra helping Trader Joe’s balsamic glaze.

1 Like

Thanks! Those Stonefire pizza crusts are great and a real time saver.

1 Like

My Chanukah dinner blogpost:

At Home 2022: Chanukah Dinner | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

2 Likes

Thanks! You’ve inspired me to make that pot roast this afternoon to have for tomorrow night’s dinner. Here’s to 2023 - hope it’s a good one!

Honored to have inspired you to make it! Do let me know how it turns out.

Happy New Year!

P.S. I’ll be making a rack of lamb for our New Year’s Eve dinner.

1 Like

i’ll let you know. I like to make things like this a day ahead to let the flavors get together. I bet the house will smell wonderful!

1 Like

I, too, always make pot roasts a day in advance. When the roast is finished cooking, I take the meat out, let it cool, slice it, put the slices back into the pot submerged in the liquid, and place the covered pot in the frig overnight. An added bonus: the fat in the liquid congeals at the top, making it easy to remove.

3 Likes

My New Year’s Eve dinner at home blogpost: At Home 2022: New Year’s Eve | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

1 Like

That’s what I do too. Thanks again for inspiring me to make this. My husband kept saying “This is really good!”. We’ll have it again tomorrow night, and it will be even better.

Glad you and your husband liked it. We also had a second dinner meal from the slices and vegetables. And then there were enough leftover bits and pieces of meat which I combined with egg noodles for a third meal. Definitely get one’s money’s worth from a good sized pot roast.

1 Like
1 Like

Last night, we celebrated Purim with this dinner: chicken soup with matzoh balls & noodles, stuffed cabbage, and hamantaschen. My blog post has the details and photos.

At Home 2023: Purim Dinner | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

6 Likes

Nice and somewhat traditional!? now to start planning the Passover menu - what’s on the menu, and how large a group? Just curious…

Thanks, @rikk! For various reasons, there’ll be just the two of us. Menus for both Seder nights will follow tradition: gefilte fish to start; pot roast one night and chicken on the other.

1 Like

Grilling some NZ Lamb Rack along with Wings and NZ Tenderloin Tails and Pieces half with soy garlic marinade. Threw on some Long Hots because always good to have some heat around.
I always seem to undercook when cooking more expensive cuts.

8 Likes

Those don’t look undercooked to me. They just look delicious.

2 Likes