What's For Dinner #88 - The Mad Rush Edition - December 2022

Fusili with radicchio (sautéed and then a bit caramelized/browned), oven-roasted walnuts and ricotta

19 Likes

A huge pain in the butt, but pretty darn tasty: fully deboned (!!!) cornish game hens stuffed with sticky rice, glazed with game hen stock + zhenjiang vinegar + soy sauce + butter. A labor of love, for sure, but very satisfying. Chinese sausage, rehydrated shiitake mushrooms, and pickled mustard greens (plus garlic/ginger/shallot) in the sticky rice.

Inspired by https://www.38recipes.com/recipes/stuffed-hen

PXL_20221209_192311522

25 Likes

wow @jiaozi that’s incredible, sure wish I had been your dinner guest!!

7 Likes

Oh yum!

1 Like

It’s been a day.
It’s been a week.
It’s been a month.
And the month isn’t even half over. :::Sigh:::

Year-end when you’re responsible for HR, along with at least 7 other major things, can be overwhelming.

But it’s the weekend. Me Time. :+1:
Then again, there’s always next week. :woman_shrugging:

Dinner was baby lamb chops quickly marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, s/p and minced fresh oregano and rosemary.

Pan-seared then rested under foil.

Served with crash hot potatoes and steamed asparagus and a smidge of mint jelly. Because that’s the way I roll with lamb.

Ohhh, there was wine. And can I say I love that my phone knows what I want to say when I say “Ohhh, there…” and gives me it’s expected suggestions? Now THAT is a Smart Phone!

24 Likes

Mrs. P made an awesome garlicky roasted delicata squash and ricotta pizza with Andouille sausage, sage, mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano, and Mike’s extra hot honey, among other ingredients. She used a Stonefire thin pizza crust. It was inspired by Chrissy Teigen’s recipe below. It went great with an excellent Shiraz.

22 Likes

A low-key dinner at casa lingua tonight: my PIC had TJ’s creamy tomato soup & a grilled cheese, I had a ginormous salad with sunny crunch lettuce, avocado, sugar bomb tomatoes, Persian cukes, celery, radishes & bacon in a creamy garlic herb dressing. Positively stuffed & feeling so virtuous RN :rofl:

17 Likes

That DOES look awesome! Sláinte!

1 Like

Spend the whole day running around doing errands. Afterwards, had a sudden urge for some decent quality sushi, but not in the mood to dine-out alone. Ended up grabbing a fully loaded ‘made-to-order’ Chirashi from 'J-San, Markham ’ to take home.
Toppings of Uni, Negitorro, Ikura, Botan Ebi (2), Hamachi, Kanpachi, Shima-Aji, Madai, Hokkaido Hotate, Tobiko and Salmon Belly (2)…all these for $40!! Great value for such fresh and higher-end ingredients.

15 Likes

On a road trip last night. Dinner out was blackened salmon tacos with slaw and garlic-lime crema. Black beans on the side.

Had the foresight to dry-brine some chicken thighs before we left. On our return – tired and hungry – were pan-roasted chicken thighs and greens in vinaigrette.

For an after-dinner treat: some boozy holiday chocolates.

22 Likes

Wife brought home a small box of uni last night, which needs to be consumed quickly. So my solution tonight (which was well received) was this appetizer of a scallop crudo with uni and caviar.

22 Likes

Um…yeah!

1 Like

Right? Damn.

Nice .

Dinner a couple nights ago: salad, lemon butter chicken and mashed potatoes. The chicken was a new recipe, delicious and indulgent - a keeper for sure. If chicken piccata and chicken parmesan (without marinara sauce) married and had a baby, this would be it.

24 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was an old stand-by… smothered pork (cream of mushroom soup) , baked potato and mixed vegetables. I had some errands to run today and the day got away from me. So I threw together a quick easy dinner.

14 Likes

Kinda monochromatic, but good anyway. Pan-fried whiting with Tony’s, buttered cabbage with caraway seeds, marinated cukes.

IMG_5397

19 Likes

What kind of seasoning is Tony’s @small_h ?

Quinoa (with cilantro and lime zest) with seared shrimps (with ancho chili) in a tomato, scallion and garlic mixture and topped with diced avocado and olive oil

18 Likes

Creole. It’s very useful!

5 Likes