What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

You know I said the same thing!!

2 Likes

Not surprised

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks. These were rare due to my trepidation. I prefer Medium- Medium Rare. Excellent flavor and tender either way.

1 Like

Friday Fish for Lent courtesy of hopping fresh Lusty Lobster halibut filets sautéed in a tangy butter lemon sauce with wilted spinach and toasted walnuts. Yum.

9 Likes

That looks beautiful and delicious :fish:

2 Likes

I prepared two Passover Seder meals last week. Just did a blogpost.
Passover 2023: Two Seder Meals for Two | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

4 Likes

Thank you Shop Rite Holiday Promotion. Getting better at this one. Marinated overnight, left in oven long enough, only had some crispy skin. Next time will have it, I think…

8 Likes

Recipe please?

OK. Nice pick but full disclosure. Locally sourced veal chop (Monmouth County) happened to be my first veal chop on my new grill and post presentation it went back on the new grill because veal chops belong in cast iron pans and broilers ‘cause the walk of shame back to the grill for a chewy medium is a bummer.

6 Likes

(post deleted by author)

The second time around looks delicious! :cut_of_meat:

1 Like

I pierced the skin and filled with garlic and Girlfriend’s usual marinade of Aji Panca and Amarillo paste mixed with Goya Adobo seasoning and other spices. Then set overnight in the refrigerator.
After cooking a few of these, and almost none of them very good, this was the best. Things I failed to do were prick the skin all over and brush with vinegar, start with a high heat, and dry completely before putting in oven. These combined with cooking long enough will seal the deal next time. Patience is what I have lacked here.

2 Likes

temperature and how long baking? TIA!!

4 Likes

Eli, Happy Birthday!

1 Like

Thank you Roz!

A little late but boiled up 70 pounds of crawfish Sunday along with 10 pounds of gulf shrimp

8 Likes

Kind of an oddball question. Recently returned from Italy where wife and I participated in a fun and interactive pasta cooking class. I could see doing something like that for a night-in with friends. Anyone know of a chef that offers anything like this in Monmouth area?