The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

RED HOT DEAL ALERT!!

Lidl has 10 oz ribeyes (ungraded) for 4 bucks each. There are hundreds of them in the case and with just a little digging you can find guys like this! Had a piece for lunch and it tasted as good as it looked!!

12 Likes

15 Likes

Toscana??

1 Like

Bee eye en gee oh.

1 Like

Gave the grill a rest and pan fried some Flat Iron and Skirt.

9 Likes

Quick shout out to our friend Stu at Monmouth Meats who I see was featured in the Asbury Park Press today!!! (I couldn’t actually read the article due to a paywall, but it was about the Holiday’s and Prime Rib)

Also @coldbeer70 just a FYI I had a baptism over the weekend at Angelo’s in Bordentown. Apparently about 10 store fronts away from Toscana and just as good. Mostly Italian but it was a pre-fix menu for the baptism, so they did have a steak which was straight out of Toscana kitchen! Delicious as well as all the homemade pasta!!

5 Likes

Stu is a great guy and Monmouth Meats a fixture in Red Bank forever.

Here’s to many more!

3 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Much appreciated

2 Likes
10 Likes

Oh man! Looks awesome. What did everyone else eat?

Dinner for 2, just me and the Mrs.

2 Likes

Haven’t contributed to this thread in a while, so here is my steak from last night: Roasted Sirloin of Beef Forestiere. This was part of a small selection of dishes from the First Class menu on the Titanic I recreated for the anniversary. I had never roasted a sirloin before, and while it cooked through, the meat was still fall-apart tender. The bacon-mushroom gravy was delicious. Full description here:

15 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve posted a steak night. Last night a buddy stopped by with a couple of tomahawks, so I grilled them (had a problem with the grill so I wound up using the flat grill top) One done “conventional” some garlic, rosemary and finished with clarified butter. The second I call it “Fernandes” style, with a couple U8 garlic shrimp as well as garlicky butter/oil drizzled over the steak. Shrimp scampli with the rest of the shrimp, German fried potatoes (with sausage and hot peppers), sauteed mushrooms and onions and garlic sauteed broccoli stalks. Onion rolls served on the side.

Delicious!

15 Likes

Bordentown’s best…

11 Likes

That looks delicious!

1 Like

Damn those plates are so sexy. I mean the whole thing is sexy, the meat looks amazing and the presentation is beautiful. But those plates man, you can’t buy that.

2 Likes

Just gonna drop this here…

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClFBkRJA7ix/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like

Last night’s Flat Iron steak marinated in soy sauce, Hoisin, Tiger Sauce, chili-garlic paste, Shao Xing wine, fresh garlic, and black pepper.

Keep forgetting how tender Flat Iron can be. Pretty lean too-- only had to trim one little “strap” of fat off the back side.

9 Likes

Well leave it to me to bump this thread up. I haven’t been eating a ton of steak lately, but I did pick this bad boy up at Pantosa’s in Eatontown, NJ. $ 21.99 lb for prime dry aged porterhouse wasn’t too bad all things considered.

All in all a great meal. I have to admit I’ve pretty much nailed The Butchers Block Brussel sprouts and Captain Crunch side dish. Yes, you read that correctly, one of the most unique and interesting dishes at the Butcher’s Block is their Brussel sprouts and Captain Crunch peanut butter cereal. After a couple of attempts, I’ve done a pretty decent job of replicating it. (Substituted Capt. Crunch for Kashi peanut butter cereal, you know keeping it healthy lol)

Yummmmmm onion rolls - just like Lugers at Shop Rite Shrewsbury.

10 Likes