The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

Ah. It sounds so much more special as Chateaubriand! I’ve never been a big steak eater, actually didn’t eat meat for 25+ years so It’s not something I go to naturally.

I think my problem was my grill is a piece of shit and doesn’t get hot enough to get a good sear. I either need a set up a la @NotJrvedivici or a blow torch.

3 Likes

A5 wagyu ribeye at Monmouth Meats. Sorry Stew just wrote a check for my daughters first college semester. Won’t be eating wagyu for a little while :cry:

9 Likes

One word folks… Toscano. The BEST steak in NJ. We stopped in for an early dinner on Saturday. I don’t know how but each visit it only gets better. Hubs had the bone-in NY strip steak and I had the bone-in filet. Mine had a pastrami rub with root beer butter compote :fire: . Both came with whipped mashed potatoes with pieces of chunky pancetta and cheese. Needed a “veggie” so we chose a baked creamed spinach. WOW! Always a beautiful dining experience :pray:t2:

10 Likes

Love it! Dam I miss that place!

1 Like

Timely post. Going next weekend for anniversary dinner. First time visit. Everything looks delicious.

4 Likes

Oh yay! Enjoy and remember don’t eat anything all day so you’re good and hungry :rofl:

It’s just such a treat each time :pray:t2:

1 Like

Cross posted to the Toscano thread to give them some more exposure too!! They deserve it!

2 Likes

Ooo good idea! Thanx

1 Like

From last night’s dinner to this morning’s breakfast! Dam good prime porterhouse from Shoprite in Shrewsbury!!

10 Likes

Time for a holiday special edition!!! Prime ribeye sans the tomahawk, figure I’d save the $7.00 of the bone. Ribeye with sautéed broccolini and loaded baked potato. Dam good meal!!!

Happy Labor Day to my HO’s!!!

21 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about! Nice plates.

2 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

Shop rite or stew? Who sold you that lovely piece of meat?

1 Like

((Shop Rite))

1 Like

This was from Thursday nights Giants game (dam u Giants). We had a boys night for the game since I didn’t go on a school night.

(Shop Rite again)

13 Likes

Looks great!

Now the Giants. The pass play in the end zone that Joe Buck instantly and repeatedly labeled a drop I don’t buy.

It would have been a great catch. Boomer Esiason on his Monday morning show said he would have had to laid out to make the catch.

Now for the important where to get chips and salsa for the alone in first place Texans impending pummeling of the Browns despite being 13 point dawgs.

3 Likes

Hear the Texans are buying in to what Colley is selling. Had them money line as part of a parlay last week. No huevos to do it again this week but I do like them again.
Saw a type of tortilla mentioned on a menu recently, nixtamal style? Familiar?

2 Likes

Agree. They were way too quick to put that on the Recoever when it looked like it was an overthrow plain and simple

1 Like

I had a surprisingly good NY strip steak at the Town Diner in East Windsor recently. Looking forward to returning for another.

1 Like