Salmon Inspiration!

4 Likes

Hadn’t thought about that dish since ordering it at a no-longer Frenchish-Russianish D.C. restaurant curiously named Serbian Crown.

2 Likes

I ran into technical difficulties :rofl:

4 Likes

As a sportscaster might say… a SWING and a miss (on exterior appearance). How was the taste?

1 Like

Tasted good!

2 Likes

With pomegranate, orange and fresh herbs

3 Likes

Slow roasted is my new favorite method.

The recipe above is adapted from Samin Nosrat and the herby dressing is just so good.

7 Likes

Thanks for posting this!

1 Like

I got a jar of morel miso from Shared Cultures which is a small batch miso company in SF, and I made a miso butter with kerrygold and spread it over the salmon, baked as usual. ( 400 15 -20 min) So delicious!!!

9 Likes

Sounds amazing. I just ordered some.

2 Likes

This will be great for an upcoming brunch! Does the salmon need to be a certain thickness or better wild vs farmed?

Substituted clementines for oranges, pecans for pistachios, omitted the yogurt

5 Likes

It looks pretty wonderful, and I’m sure those ingredients complimented the salmon. We’re you happy with the result?

1 Like

Very happy! Definitely recommend it!

1 Like

Excellent - thanks! I’ve saved the recipe. Totally dinner party worthy too, if anyone has those anymore? Dunno.

1 Like

The first time I made it was using a big old Costco slab of salmon, which worked great. Subsequently I’ve used various smaller pieces of salmon, both wild and farmed. So I think any will work, just adjust cooking time based on thickness.

4 Likes

It is really amazing…Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Going the beurre blanc route tonight

How was it? It looks really tasty. I have leeks on hand was all set to put that on the menu tonight when I found out my seafood-loathing son will be stopping by for dinner. I mean I love him and all but…seafood…

1 Like

I ended up using the leeks, tomatoes, white wine, omitting the thyme, adding fresh basil and fresh dill, and, roasted it- so a completely different dish, but we liked it!

Wine, butter, leeks, lemon, tomatoes, herbs and salmon work well together :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like