Need new ideas for ground beef

We have a Husky. I have similar fears about Husky hair in the food. It just gets everywhere.

Kheema (aloo not matar - potatoes >> peas :D) (less cinnamon, add cardamom, peppercorns, and cloves)
Kheema macaroni - kheema without peas or potatoes, used as pasta sauce (indian bolognese, yep)
Kheema pulao - layer the kheema and parboiled basmati like a biryani, cover and finish cooking
Kababs - the basic one i grew up with is similar to this, but you can vary the seasonings
Koftas - make a basic recipe and freeze, vary by changing the sauce (indian / thai / italian / etc)
Korean patties
Faux bulgogi
Shepherds pie
Bolognese sauce
Meatloaf

5 Likes

Haha, I would think the same. I suppose cooking it isn’t as hard to learn (I hope!), but dang…I’ve seen some people who have no idea try to shape a patty, and I just look at them in horror as they try to figure out how to do this. Hands smushing into the meat and just terrible looking patties. Same with meatballs – I guess if you see people make it enough or if you work with food enough, you can figure it out without being “taught”, but if you don’t really cook, it’s a little hard to figure out the best way to get started. There are still a lot of novice cooks out there who are afraid to get really hands on with their food prep.

2 Likes

Great recipe, thanks for sharing! I am definitely going to try. What do you think about serving them with rice and lettuce for wrapping? Which condiments?

2 Likes

They are actually a banchan, but I eat them as a main.

Don’t need lettuce to wrap - rice and a some lightly seasoned (garlick/sesame oil) veg (think spinach or zucchini banchan) and some spicy sauce on the side - I mix garlic doenjang, gochujang, vinegar, and sesame oil - you could make ssam sauce instead

Mmm. So good. Freezes really well too, if you want to make extra.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Filo pie with browned hamburger, onion, garlic and seasoning, chopped spinach and feta. Rice is good in this pie as well, as is a small can of tomato sauce.

Italian Wedding Meatball soup with tiny meatballs. Excellent comfort or sick food.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Homemade Hamburger Helper, compliments of the NYT 5 Dishes for Dinner

4 Likes