Lunch 2020

What a setting! Just gorgeous.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Don’t tire of me saying WOW following your glorious outdoor posts but WOW!

Pumpkin sage soup. Enjoyed with toasted pumpkin seeds and marble rye buttered breadcrumbs.

6 Likes

To Presunto

Thanks Jimmy!

Also made pumpkin/squash soup. With doenjang/Korean soya bean paste (similar to Japanese miso).

8 Likes

On my 5th tray of figs this week. If the market stall doesn’t have figs on Monday then that’s it for this season.

I made 8 deep incisions on the bottom of these very ripe figs, then left to marinate in sweet sherry and scotch (with dried fig steeped in it) overnight. When ready to eat I made a deep triangular cavity in each fig and stuffed it with blue cheese. Sprinkled with pink “peppercorns”.

The partner prefers this: warm silken tofu in honey-ginger syrup. Only slightly sweet as we don’t like it sweet.

Dried fig steeped in scotch like this, but this time in the Casg Annamh.

5 Likes

Lanzhou beef noodle soup :ramen:.

7 Likes

Ready to go. Tried to fold the dumplings Turkish-style called “manti”. Though, manti is not completely closed and is filled with minced lamb. Mine has only squash.

Fried then steamed in the same pan, gyoza-style. Pumpkin seeds-rosemary pesto and “master sauce” for dipping.

The tips

Same as above but simply steamed. I use paper coffee filters to line baskets or whatever I steam.

The squash flesh is deep orange and sweet. It’s the pink salmon one, first from right, bottom photo.

9 Likes

You’re killing me with the fall photos food and nature. Keep on!

2 Likes

I just have to share the mantis pictures with son and DIL! They are beautiful! Everything is.

I had chile relleno casserole.

7 Likes

Looks really comforting too.

Thank you, both. I’m up to my ears in squashes. We really enjoyed these dumplings, especially the partner. Definitely gonna make them again next year.

I had to use wonton wrappers as they come in this shape. The gyoza wrappers only come in rounds and they don’t seal as good as the wontons. Bring the opposite corners together and press to seal, that’s it. Remember to wet all sides with water first.

2 Likes

Ham and cheese sandwich.

8 Likes

Very nice sandwich @Mr_Happy.

2 Likes

Tomato salad using yellow cherry tomatoes from the garden, toast from my Pullman loaf attempt that’s now frozen, and indianized tuna salad - onion, chillies, cilantro, lemon, oil-packed tuna.

10 Likes

Turkey avocado mozzarella pickles lettuce on sourdough roll with mustard olive oil salt and pepper

13 Likes

Spent the morning preparing a batch of naan. Followed a recipe for rice pilau and doctored up a tikka

simmering sauce for a nice lunch today. Really pleased with myself. :wink:

13 Likes

I unintentionally harvested some kale midday, and was going to prep it and put it with the rest, but then decided it would be lunch.

So, a quick kale salad with a warm shallot dressing, garden grape tomatoes, smoky candied pistachios, and shaved Parmesan.

9 Likes