Il Nido, Marlboro, NJ

Beautiful meal as always. Love that fluke preparation, such a delicate fish, better to not do too much with it. Quite jealous of you guys for getting to enjoy that dish

2 Likes

Partyzer,

Solla or Platija (Plaice or European Flounder) would be the closest varieties to Fluke in Danish Waters. An Eastern Atlantic species. Pleuronectes or Platichthys in Latin.

It is a lovely fish, and very delicate … A flat shaped fish.

Can also be caught wild in Southern Ireland (plaice).

Surely exquistely splendid !!![quote=“Metsfan86, post:201, topic:16628, full:true”]
Beautiful meal as always. Love that fluke preparation, such a delicate fish, better to not do too much with it. Quite jealous of you guys for getting to enjoy that dish
[/quote]

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Met. Yes, we love a simple preparation of capers, lemon, and brown butter. It enhances, and does not overpower the fish.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve enjoyed it in Ireland as well. Confession is that it was usually as fish and chips though. At the time I had no idea is was similar to fluke, was just looking to change it up from cod all the time

1 Like

When real life meets hungry onion. My fav nfl podcast host just posted on Twitter about his love of this spot. Just found it cool. To make it more topical, does Anyone have any update on the outdoor space they were looking to put in?

3 Likes

Going this weekend, will see what’s what.

2 Likes

We enjoyed another fabulous dinner at Il Nido. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

4 Likes
5 Likes

As always amazingly exceptional …

Have a lovely afternoon …

1 Like

Thank you!
Enjoy the rest of your week as well.

1 Like

Same to you.

1 Like

I would say this classifies as rather big news: beginning November 2, Il Nido will have a full service bar. (Per their FB).

8 Likes

Luckily I will still be able to bring my own wine :slightly_smiling_face:
They hired Daniel (from Elements Restaurant in Princeton) as their Sommelier.

4 Likes

Great going on 11/6 :+1:

1 Like

Booked reservations for our anniversary on Friday!

@paryzer how’s their outside set up? We are really looking forward to it.

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary @gracieggg !
I have never eaten outdoors at Il Nido but they have an incredible setup with your own private individual cabana.
Enjoy! I’m looking forward to your review.

4 Likes

I too am looking forward to your review as I have booked outside cabana for next Saturday night .

1 Like

Looking forward for a full review on the outside setting as I have booked one for the next night.
Happy anniversary., I know that the food will be great, a bit hesitant about outside dining in November.

They have heaters during the cold weather.

2 Likes

Thanks, we got married outside 8 years ago and the weather was in the mid-high 50’s. I don’t remember being cold but probably everyone else was! The weather plunged overnight and we got a heavy frost. We got super lucky!

@paryzer thanks! I recalled reading somewhere about those heated cabanas. Looking forward to it.

3 Likes