February 2023 Cookbook of the Month Nominations

If you’re anything like me, it still feels as if we’ve barely cracked the new year. Nevertheless, it’s time to consider what book we’d like to cook from next month.

You many nominate as many books as you wish. Please nominate with the intention of joining us in cooking from the book and reporting on the dishes you make, should your nominee be selected. In order to nominate, please put the name of the book in ALL CAPS in the comments below. Only titles in all caps will be counted as nominations.

Nominations will end TUESDAY, JANUARY 17 at 11 PM GMT/7 PM EDT/4 PM PDT, and the books with the most nominations will move on to a vote. The book that receives the most votes will be our February COTM. A reporting thread will be posted on February 1.

Don’t forget, there is still plenty of time to participate in our January COTMs, Mexican Everyday and More Mexican Everyday, and you can always add reports to past COTMs, which are archived here.

2 Likes

I already know February is going to be a crazy month, and I’ll be out of town for part of it. So I’ll keep my nominations to books I know will doable (YMMV on that part).

MILK STREET VEGETABLES
KOREAN VEGAN

MAANGCHI MONTH (KOREAN): Her blog & two books

ETHIOPIA: Recipes and Traditions from the Horn of Africa / Johanis Gebreyesus

COOKING FROM YOUR PANTRY : Delicious Meals in 30 Minutes or Less, with Ingredients from Jars, Cans, Bags, and Boxes / Nancy Silverton

MAANGCHI MONTH
KOREAN VEGAN
KOREAN AMERICAN by Eric Kim

and if we are revisiting former Chowhound COTM:

POLPO

POLPO! Yes, it’s a sentence.

KOREAN AMERICAN

I like his recipes in the NYT, and looking through the book from the library — lots of interesting recipes bookmarked in a short while!

Amazon look-inside has a better view of the recipe lists at the front

PERSIANA EVERYDAY might be fun.

I was thinking about nominating Sabrina Ghayour month again, but thought Maangchi / Korean might have more takers given our lighter-of-late participation. But I’m on board if this interests folks.

MAANGCHI MONTH - mostly cooked out of the other book when this was COTM years ago on Chowhound
KOREAN AMERICAN

I feel like I could do any/all of the Korean books nominated, but then I wonder if we’re just making our own Cuisine of the Month and stepping on toes. If one of these books ends up leading the pack, I could easily be swayed toward it.

FIRST GENERATION: Recipes from My Taiwanese-American Home

Came across an article on Epicurious for lunar new year, and this recipe for lions head burgers looked interesting (as do others).

Korean had a go on Cuisine of the Quarter.

I had fun cooking from Maangchi, and I’ve borrowed Korean Amrican because it looks good, hence the nom.

(We have mexican books right now for COTM, and Indian / Mahashtrian for COTQ, so there’s always different tracks, and COTQ isn’t just cooking but also eating, so it covers more.)

1 Like

I’m extending nominations an extra 24 hours, to Wednesday at 11 PM GMT/7 PM EDT/4 PM PDT, both in hopes of generating a greater volume of nominations, and because it works better for me, in terms of generating a voting thread.

2 Likes

CARMINES COOKBOOK is one of my favorites.

Nominations are now closed. Please stay tuned for a voting thread, to which I’ll drop a link here after I have a chance to create it.

Voting thread is here:

February reporting thread is here:

1 Like

Our nomination thread for March is here: