February 2023 Cookbook of the Month Voting

Welcome to voting for our February COTM. A tabulation of nominations shows we’ll have something of a Korean shootout this month, choosing from the collected work of Maangchi or Korean American by Eric Kim. Given relatively low recent participation, I’m not particularly inclined to combine them and splinter things among even more sources, but I’m willing to entertain arguments.

Book titles in blue are links to Eat Your Books.

Maangchi Month, including her blog, Maangchi’s Real Korean Cooking, and Maangchi’s Big Book of Korean Cooking

Korean American: Food That Tastes Like Home by Eric Kim

HOW TO VOTE: You may vote for only one selection. Please vote with the intention of participating should your choice win. To vote, use the fork-and-knife icon located on the post below with your choice. If you change your mind, you may deselect the icon if it’s within the brief allowed window, or if not, make a post letting me know.

VOTING WILL CLOSE on TUESDAY, JANUARY 24 at 10 PM GMT/5 PM EST/2PM PST.

To vote for MAANGCHI MONTH use the knife-and-fork icon.

1 Like

To vote for KOREAN AMERICAN use the knife-and-fork icon.

5 Likes

Well this is not difficult at all :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t2:

I love Maangchi’s cookbook and recipes. She is pretty traditional in her approach. That being said, I am super excited about Korean American food as presented by Eric Kim and his family’s Americanized recipes. I’ve made a few dishes of his and a ton of hers. And still, I am voting for Eric. Not because Maangchi is less. But because I am just plain excited about Eric’s stuff.

But yeah, this was a HARD decision for me.

1 Like

Just a few short hours remaining in which to vote!

Voting is now closed in February, we’ll be cooking from KOREAN AMERICAN; I’ll post a reporting thread on 2/1.

4 Likes

Find the reporting thread here:

1 Like