August 2023 Cookbook of the Month - Nominations

It’s time - actually past time - to once again nominate a book. So take a minute to think about what you might like to cook for August. To nominate a book, put the title in ALL CAPS in a comment on this post. You may nominate as many books as you like. Please do so with the intention of cooking along should your nominee be selected.

Nominations will close at 5pm EDT on July 22. At that time, I will tally the nominations and put forward the top nominees for a vote.

Remember, there is still plenty of time to cook from our current selection, RECIPE TIN EATS. For a list of all our past selections, visit the COTM archive.

2 Likes

ENDLESS SUMMER by Katie Lee Biegel
MESA MEXICANA by Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger (or even in conjunction with their TOO HOT TAMALES)
EXTRA VIRGIN by Gabriele Corcos and Debi Mazar

1 Like

ENDLESS SUMMER by Katie Lee Biegel

1 Like

I’ll kick this off with a couple nominations.

Probably sounding like a broken record on this one, but I AM FROM HERE, by Vishwesh Bhatt. I’ve cooked a lot from this book now, included 5 dishes for my birthday dinner, and it’s been just what I hoped it would be. Creative, ingredient-focused, Southern food with an Indian twist. Nope, not super simple stuff, but really delicious and perfect for summer produce.

And also, TENDERHEART, by Hetty Lui McKinnon. I’ve been getting quite a bit of mileage out of this one. I think I’ve cooked the whole zucchini section, and made a brilliant eggplant dish. This one easier easier than the Bhatt book, but still offers creative and delicious vegetable dishes (this book is vegetarian; the Bhatt book is not, and has chapters that focus on meat ingredients).

2 Likes

THOMAS KELLER MONTH is a complete sentence.

2 Likes
  • WOKS OF LIFE BLOG
  • SMITTEN KITCHEN BLOG
  • THOMAS KELLER MONTH
    (uff with the complete sentence thing)

SMITTEN KITCHEN BLOG would work.

TENDERHEART looks right up my alley. I only have one trip in August, and it’s one that will involve cooking!

1 Like

THOMAS KELLER MONTH sounds fun

THOMAS KELLER MONTH
MI COCINA by Rick Martinez
OAXACA by Bricia Lopez
I AM FROM HERE- I love fusion food

TENDERHEART (I’ve heard about the book but resisted looking at it until now, and I’m sold)
CHEERS TO THE PUBLICAN (a stretch, I know, but I just flipped through it again on a long road trip and there’s so much I still want to try)

I have CHEERS TO THE PUBLICAN and I’ve eaten there on a stopover in Chicago, so I could cook from it.

I’d like to take a crack at CHEERS TO THE PUBLICAN

ONCE UPON A CHEF blog and books

Just a reminder that nominations close tomorrow at 5pm EDT.

Nominations are closed. A voting thread will be up shortly.

1 Like

The voting thread is here:

August reporting thread:

September, anyone?

MILK STREET TUESDAY NIGHTS MEDITERRANEAN
and/or
MILK STREET TUESDAY NIGHT