Your best "stupid, easy, fast and hot" meal....

I can send. you pictures of my kitchen but that will be thru private if. you like.
Pics were taken 1990 when remodeling took place but moved into. house 1979 after years of headache from construction

1 Like

Ohhh!
I KNEW I’d find them one day!

My kids used to call them “Dads 20 minute dinners”.

Spaghetti & meatballs or sausage
Pasta carbonara or cacio & pepe
Chicken Adrian
Omelettes
Leftovers
Pancakes

(Dialing for delivery pizza)

7 Likes

Got them. So very beautiful. Thank you so much

This might sound gross to some but it was delicious - a college salad bar dinner staple for me when I was desperate for a hot meal and the cafeteria had turned out another night of blecchhh was: rice, butter, chickpeas heated up in the microwave and splashed with soy sauce or balsamic. In retrospect, I should’ve added some spinach leaves to the concoction before nuking to round it out.

Haven’t had it in many years, but whenever someone mentions rice and soy sauce I think of it fondly.

3 Likes

could not send the video of kitchen triever. Advised to send it by iCloud .I wanted to show you how the 42 shelves ( 3 per row) appear .

I too would love to see pics of your kitchen, if you wouldn’t mind sharing with me via PM, @ccj.

Just sent some pics but some may be redundant as I cannot seem to erase the repeated pics.
Also, did not send pics of the 4 bevelled glass on the west side of the kitchen, and the sculpture on the west side above the fridge with 2 bevelled glass as those face both the kitchen and LR
Large kitchen, lots of kitchen cabinets as the west side cabinets are all under the counter top
Wish I know how to send the electric cabinet
there is the gold leaf antique counter weight that my husband use throat the house for curtains to skylight ( 100 by 100) which not only use somfy mechanism but needed counterweight to balance. If exposed, he covers it with 24K gold leaf. He used that as well for my TV that goes up to ceiling when not using . But for the Kitchen triever, I think. you can see glimpse of it, he used that as well for the door that hides all the cabinets. The counterweight is hidden.
I hope it lives up to. your expectation, The blue Chinese vase at ceiling were sent there as hubby passed away. I used to make cakes for him, that required 7 kinds of flour. I no longer need that many varieties of flour, son does not like sweets any way so some of them were removed to the DR for different kinds of noodles, and some to the top shelf of kitchen. They were originally functional but cannot have the heart to give them away.
Bill was a genius and artist.

2 Likes

No, it definitely exceeds expectations! Everything looks carefully curated and beautifully installed. I’m sorry your beloved husband is no longer with you, at least in the physical sense. What a loss.

Something like tonight. Leftover leg and thigh . Half of leftover acorn squash. Yesterday’s rice . Tossed in the same skillet. . Little oyster sauce , teriyaki, and a dollop of mae ploy chili sauce . Covered on low . It’s going to be delicious. Wine to drink. Cheers :wine_glass: I always use leftovers for simple stupid . Wich happens more often than nought.

2 Likes

Just saw your video. Amazing. I only wish! No bending, reaching. Breathtaking! Genius, artist, visionary, innovator and ahead of his time. You must miss him terribly.

I do. I was able to send it to Vimeo but I had 2 videos but it cuts short, only got half way.
The whole house is a carbon print of him . We had so much problem with contractor, and architects
So, he retired early and started to work on the house.
garden he created terraces of stone
did y ou see the video on a party on 2017, celebrating his birthday which falls around Labor Day on aug 31
here it is if interested. I had been sick since Sept, from allergy so have not kept up with garden
https://vimeo.com/233397740

2 Likes

Ramen noodles to the rescue.

Faux Pho - ramen noodles, chicken or beef broth, and whatever I have in the refrigerator. Shredded rotisserie chicken, sliced beef, shrimp, mushrooms, scallions, red onion slivers, potstickers, stir-fry vegetables, sliced limes, bean sprouts, eggs, cilantro.

4 Likes

Enjoy it anyway. In this case I would be enjoying the company of the people I value, with a very nice cheese. This way the cheese seems less expensive.

Mont d’Or is most common here in December, the feasting and expensive month. The rest of the year I usually buy a big chunk (the kind without individual wooden box) from a cheesemonger. And that’s what for dinner tomorrow… hopefully the photos turn out OK.

Re sizes and prices, individual wooden box costs anywhere between 8-10 euros each. Sliced from a big one (about 2kg+) is priced at 30 euros per kilo.

3 Likes

Besides pasta, my house is free of most things Italian. Sicilian wine is on sale this week. I made a rare exception for it.

Dinner tonight

6 Likes

Is this a moral or ethical thing, or you’re just not that fond of Italian food?

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing.

I guess most of us have some biases of some sort. I choose Greek over Spanish, Italian,French or Turkish olive oil.
I buy made in Italy pasta because I’m a snob about that. My pasta drawer also has spaetzle or noodles from Germany, and some Hungarian and Greek pastas. And I have German potato dumpling mix , and need to buy some more istant Italian polenta.
My kitchen has a lot of Italian and Greek canned and bottled imports, and I buy a ton of things I’ve never seen before from other countries.

I avoid canned fish from Asia, and pay a lot more for Canadian or American sourced canned fish.

I try to avoid buying frozen shrimp from Asia due to the effect the shrimp farms have on the environment, but I don’t like the taste or texture of the Argentinian frozen shrimp that are environmentally more friendly .

I do avoid buying some things that come from countries where I’m worried about quality control.

But Italy? I’m a huge Italophile, so Italy is probably over represented in my kitchen. I always have parm reggiano in the fridge, and often have grano padano and pecorino on hand as well.

4 Likes

Irreconcilable clash of personalities and politics.

Oh, I used to eat Pecorino a lot but am happy with other alternatives.

2 Likes

Re: Irreconcilable clash of personalities and politics.

Interesting.
I don’t ski in France because I’d rather spend my money, ski and eat in Austria, so I guess I sort of understand avoiding one country in favour of another . Too much cheese at French ski resorts, too. I couldn’t bring myself to eating cheese for a month after a week in Chamonix.

2 Likes

We treat States here the same as you do countries, so all’s cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes