What's your favorite way to prepare pork tenderloin?

Recipes welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like to steam them in a bamboo steamer

I cheat… I buy the one in the bag. You cook it right in the bag and cleanup is a breeze. It is already seasoned, etc. There are different flavors, depending on your taste. Perfect every time!!

1 Like

Greek-style: marinate thick slices in olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon pepper, garlic, onion & paprika powder, oregano, thyme, rosemary. Grill.

Stroganoff: pan-sear thin slices lightly floured and seasoned with s&p, deglaze with red wine, add shrooms & red pepper, crème fraîche, paprika, fresh chopped parsley.

Pounded thin for schnitzel - seasoned flour, egg wash, panko, fry.

5 Likes

This is an easy prep that packs a flavor punch:

2 Likes

A few of my favorite, yes I really like pork tenderloin.

2 Likes

sliced thin
pounded thinner
salted - fridged for 4-6 hrs
egg wash
flour dredged
pan fried/sauted - very quick cooking

basically pork tenderloin candy…

4 Likes

I like adding panko for some extra cronch (see my post above). Don’t you do the flour before the egg wash?

1 Like

This has become a favorite

1 Like

Slice 1/2" to 3/4" slices. Pound to 1/4" thick. Use the back of a chef’s knife to pound a little more on each side in two directions. Rub with Thai fish sauce. Let sit for 20 minutes. Add cracked black pepper.

Saute slices quickly in a heavy pan. You can deglaze the pan with wine and use butter, caper, herbs to make a pan sauce. Or a pico di gallo style salsa.

But to me, the most important issue is using old fashion pork. I have load’s of farmers’ market vendors and well as a former wholesaler who I still deal with to fill my freezer. Industrial pork is one of the major affronts to taste, in my opinion.

1 Like

“Don’t you do the flour before the egg wash?”

yes no and maybe…
DW likes nothing but a flour dredge.
I can do a dredge+eggwash+breading

breading of
corn meal
or
flour/corn meal
or
flour+panko
or
cornmeal + panko

many variations… all good…

4 Likes

Pork in a tight roasting pan, salt & pepper, add sauerkraut & a sprig of thyme. Roast 325 degrees till tender. Serve with mashed potatoes. Sometimes i brown the roast first, sometimes not.

2 Likes

I can 100000000% vouch for the cranberry pork tenderloin recipe you shared - I’ve been making it for years! (And I must have found it online when I didn’t have access to a printer, because I have a handwritten copy where I didn’t bother to write down the source…)

4 Likes

For those of you who’ve made the pork tenderloin with cranberry sauce, any ideas as to whether jam could be substituted for the cranberries? I have a whole lot of jam to use up, and this seems like a likely contender to me.

Give it a try, I’ve never used anything other than cranberry sauce for this recipe, but I think other fruits would be interesting.

I think I will. I’ve used jam on pork before; I like the idea here of thinning it a bit with the stock, and adding some herbs and aromatics.

Thanks for posting the link to the recipe!

1 Like

sous vide, 140F, 3h

Oh gosh its one of my standbys!

Sometimes i give it a quick sear and finish it in the oven.

Grill it.

Slice it into medallions, flatten with my hand and saute (awesome on nights you need quick dinner)

Cut it into matchsticks for super fast stir fry like I did last night

2 Likes

@Saregama that pinchos recipe looks great but it’s behind a paywall. Any chance you could copy/paste the ingredients? I can fudge it from there. TIA.

1 Like

I give it a good rub with olive oil and whatever seasonings I feel like. Sometimes I use a mix of s/p, minced rosemary and thyme, sometimes I open the spice cabinet and create something with brown sugar, pepper, salt, garlic powder, Aleppo pepper, paprika, and thyme, but my recent favorite has been Penzeys’ Tsardust Memories.

Roast it in the oven until done to my liking (slightly pink inside), serve with applesauce or with a Spicy Plum Ketchup from a long-ago Eating Well cookbook of my sister’s.

Had to pull up the recipe for the plum ketchup saved on my phone, as it’s no longer available on their website.

SPICY PLUM KETCHUP

From Eating Well Magazine, no longer on their website

1-1/2 pounds red or black plums, (5-6 medium), pitted and quartered (I also peel them)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup water,(I always use less…about 1/4 cup or less)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 2-inch cinnamon stick

Combine plums, garlic, brown sugar, vinegar, water, salt, ginger, allspice, pepper, cayenne and cinnamon stick in a large heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.

Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the plums have cooked down to a puree, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Discard the cinnamon stick. Transfer to a bowl or storage container.

Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months.

3 Likes