What's For Dinner #91 - the Irish Spring! Edition - March 2023

For sure… I am trying to figure out which one it is.

Haircut Day.
A visit to Wegmans followed.
Place was packed.
Prep for the nor’easter on Tuesday? :woman_shrugging:
My usual scallops were purchased.
Pan-seared as usual, with buttered, steamed asparagus alongside.
This time, a fettuccine with a quick garlic-herb sauce was the starch.
Wine.

Gonna wake up late tomorrow morning. :zzz:
At least according to the clock. :alarm_clock:

21 Likes

Thanks for the reminder.

2 Likes

Riff on the NYT brothy Thai curry, made less brothy cuz my PIC prefers it thiccc :wink:

A whole can of maesri red curry paste, a shallot, garlic, blistered tomatoes, coconut milk, Wegners’ coconut lime “bone broth” :roll_eyes:, 2 Chinese eggplants, half a bag of spinach & 2 tilapia filets from Aldi.

Added a pack of ramen noodz when he threatened to make rice :joy:

15 Likes

Wilted spinach salad with crimini mushrooms, shallot, bacon, hard boiled egg, and a filet of Coho salmon tinned in oil. Homemade baguette (toasted) on the side.

18 Likes

We enjoyed another awesome dinner at Belford Bistro, including jumbo lump crab cakes; hanger steak with mushroom ragout; outstanding mussels with celery root, bacon, and sherry; excellent crab pasta. It all went great with an excellent red blend and Shiraz.

11 Likes

Since I have to be honest. We were gone for most of the day. He stopped on the way home for some chopped brisket to make a stuffed baked potato. I had planned on leftover Chinese. It was almost dark, walked in the door and he looked out the kitchen window and the air was blue. He left a ladder outside and strong winds today toppled it over onto the exact pvc part of the outside hose it shouldn’t have hit. Geyser time. Water all over the place. So this was dinner tonight. Not much to look at I know. Our dog will get the salmon over the next few days.,

15 Likes

The perfect storm. Geyser and dinner

2 Likes

I inhaled a bowl of Tom Yum Kung with Jasmine rice from the local Thai joint. Compliments of my step son. Tanqueray on the rocks.

19 Likes

Mussels with tomato and saffron, a chez small h favorite.

Snow pea leaf salad. Spring is here-ish!

And no trip to the Union Square Greenmarket would be complete without some nice bluepoints.

20 Likes

Moving the clock forward tonight. A big yay .
Kenji López carnitas tacos . Bring on spring. Im tired of hiking the longest driveway of snow . Cheers . As far as pork goes superior a 2 1/2 pound pork butt from the local grocer.

22 Likes

Pad krapow gai

22 Likes

My kinda meal.

Looks fancy, takes very little effort. Woot!

1 Like

Last night my DH cooked: rotisserie chicken, cast-iron bacon-y Brussels, mac n cheese and green salad.

Lunch was that other classic: hot dog, slaw (honey mustard), and chips with strawberries.

24 Likes

Since the Oscars are on tonight that means I can watch the pre-show and have some snacks. Almost time for the actual show and dessert. In the meantime, actual dinner was a multi cultural affair. Appetizers included stuffed grape vine leaves from the Persian grocery store.

Next up was tzatziki from the Persian grocery store and naan from last Thursdays Indian take out.

And lastly I had some felafel with a tahini sauce from a Syrian catering company.

23 Likes

Gimme Some Oven’s Skinny Orange Chicken (but with only half the cornstarch, because the full amount makes it gloppy) for dinner tonight.

Served on Basmati rice with peas on top, as well as chopped cashews (because I can) and sesame seeds.

A really good French chardonnay as the wine.

23 Likes

Saag Paneer (Asma Khan recipe), Maharastrian Masale Bhat, and Burani Raita
I did a write up of the rice dish (Masale Bhat) on the Maharashtrian COTQ thread.

23 Likes

I finally made the cassoulet. It was a week long process. It didn’t need to be quite that long but I waited to serve it for a day when both grandpa and the big kid were around. Thank you for the duck confit tips on my other thread.

26 Likes

That looks fantastic!

4 Likes