What's For Dinner #91 - the Irish Spring! Edition - March 2023

Continuing our sausage and potato meals, the BF made dinner with Fatted Calf weisswurst sausages. Everything was so good, the sausages juicy, with a slightly floral/ citrus flavor, the creamed spinach dreamy with the potatoes, and I even loved his winter tomato salad. Topping on the spinach were Trader Joe’s fried onions (that we have about 4 cans of - good thing they last forever.) Great dinner on yet another wet San Francisco night.

20 Likes

Mmmm…creamed spinach with potatoes. Noted.

3 Likes

A good deal of grazing during the day, so a compact dinner of sauteed spinach wrapped in fluke, and basmati rice left over from an Indian dinner I bought from one of my neighbors.

18 Likes

looks and sounds excellent!

1 Like

love your little roasted tomatoes still on the vine!

3 Likes

Sheet pan dinner. Roasted cod over roasted herbed potatoes. Hit the spot except for the potatoes burned in every corner of my cookie sheet. Will have to thicken the layers next time.

21 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was Frito Pie!! It was fun to make and eat.

22 Likes

Pan seared chicken breast with orange jamalade glaze, and garlicky chard.

23 Likes

(Root) Vegetable Bowl - sweet potato, fennel, red beets, carrots, shallots and sage roasted in the oven. Swiss chard leaves and stems briefly blanched. Vinaigrette made by blending evoo, tarragon, garlic, lemon juice, honey and dijon mustard. Served over hulled barley and with feta and roasted almonds

17 Likes

Tonight I ordered take out for dinner from a nearby Indian restaurant. I asked for Murg Palak but got Murg Bahar instead. It was really good though just disappointed it wasn’t what I ordered. I’ve ordered from that restaurant many times and I’m sure it was just an honestcmistake. I guess I will have to go back ,)

14 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Your method is actually pretty similar to the NYT recipe our hostess used. Theirs includes anchovies, oregano (!), and booze.

I’ll be making this very, very soon!

Loose interpretation of Kaisendon. Maguro, Avocado, steamed rice, over a bed of cucumbers, and garnished with toasted sesame seeds.

20 Likes

Steamed? Or something I’ve never heard of?

Sorry yes, steamed.

Just fixed.

My husband’s choice last night. Salmon with tartar sauce, roasted broccoli and leftover sour cream horseradish mashed potatoes with more butter and chopped scallions. Baked until crispy. He also made a Duncan Hines carrot cake with DH cream cheese frosting. He added in chopped pecans/raisins and substituted milk for water because the back of the box said you could. Very good. My turn tonight. Off to pick up Chinese takeout.:slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes

Friday night comfort food.

Steak tip with Ballymaloe steak sauce, half a baked potato with TPSTOB&SC, and roasted Brussels sprouts.

Wine.

24 Likes

Fortunately, taste much better than look!!

Charred, jumbo size heads-on wild Argentinian red prawns a-la-plancha… finish off with butter home-made Teriyaki glaze.😋👌😉

20 Likes

‘Yarden’ salad, I’m going to have to use that term!

Lenten take-out on Fish Friday

Fried calamari and spanakopita

21 Likes