What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

I’m sorry - that’s creepy. I wouldn’t be able to eat it. My husband fishes, I always ask him to clean and fillet them before he brings them in the house. I also can’t imagine raising cows, pigs, lambs, chickens or turkeys and then slaughtering them for food. I would be content as a vegetarian.

that recipe caught my eye–maybe next fall if I take a day off work I’ll have time to make it for dinner.

1 Like

It actually doesn’t take too much time (beside some waiting time on both days for the yeast to do its work)

The house was rockin’, the booze was flowin’, it was the Grammys. To go with there was pizza and salad. Stonefire crust, Rao’s pizza sauce, sausage, peppers, onions, garlic and olives, topped with dried oregano, chili pepper and Parmesan. Salad of mixed greens, tomato, celery, radish, green onion, peperocini pepper with o&v dressing.
Copious amounts of gin.

21 Likes

I feel you pain.

16 Likes

At my son’s Christening, we were in the Chuch Hall assuming there would be a wine cork screw available for use.
No such luck the KOC had it locked up in the bar area with no key to access it.
My BIL saved the day pushed all the wine corks into the bottles and voila wine with lunch !

5 Likes

Kasespatzle — hand cut like my mom used to, with caramelized onions

36 Likes

Yes, please! :yum:

3 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was a turmeric and coconut-braised cabbage with chickpeas from Bon Appétit. It was served over rice.

20 Likes

Tonight pork pot stickers, seaweed salad with cashews and a mock Caesar Salad.

21 Likes

A cold, rainy day calls for chicken soup, salad and toasted baguette.

19 Likes

Brined, marinated and grilled chicken Caesar Salad-ish with homemade Caesar dressing, pan-fried stirato croutons, and romaine from the garden (Little Gem).

19 Likes

that looks marvelous!!

Yesterday I made giant stuffed shells because i couldn’t find cannelloni near me. On inspiration by my sister’s 4 cheese ravioli the other night, I used the rest of the ricotta and made a filling of it with grated parm regg, s&p, freshly ground nutmeg, a sprinkle of cayenne, and lemon zest. Wilted chopped spinach, parsley, and scallions, mixed with the cheese blend and an egg. Sauteed garlic, minced a smoked sausage (Andouille, cuz that’s what we had) in the food processor, then sauteed that with the garlic. Added Rao’s vodka sauce, sliced up some basil (Thai!! that’s what we had!), let it simmer, poured a bit into the bottom of a casserole, piped the cheese blend into the shells, put them in the casserole, tore up fresh mozz and dotted it in the cracks. Poured the rest of the sauce over the shells, parm regg over all. Into the oven for 1/2 an hour, and then… we went out to dinner! New Korean BBQ place I get to review, and we could get in if we walked in right when they opened. So shells were tonight’s dinner, and i’m sure they were greatly improved by the overnight marrying. And pretty light, as i only used one sausage in the sauce. Flavor was wonderful, I could easily discern the lemon zest and spinach. At my request, BF made his sherried shrooms and parm reg sauteed zucchini.

26 Likes

Brined chicken legs in salt water with a little sugar for 24 hours .Added a little Tabasco. Found the original Dixie fry at my local store. Used it . It was ok . Would I use it again. Ehhhhhhhh . I don’t

think so . It was good but ??? . Mashed potatoes with peas .Cheers.

19 Likes

Chilaquiles again, with an egg and refried black beans.

27 Likes

Pork sausages baked in the oven in a mixture of apples, onions, mustard and maple syrup (which created a great sauce) and finished with some blackberries - served with minted mashed potatoes

19 Likes

Was it good? The recipe comments seem mixed.

I enjoyed the recipe although I think it’s not spicy enough despite using a whole jalepeno seeds and all. Next time I will try a spicier pepper and maybe add cumin.

2 Likes

Tonight I made Vietnamese shaking beef with coconut rice and peanut-sauced Brussels.

31 Likes