What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

Upped my Chicken Tikka Masala game by attempting to make Tandoori Chicken without a Tandoori oven, before it would be added to the sauce. I marinated cubed chicken breast in Tandoori spice paste and yogurt before grilling. Still not identical to my favorite restaurant’s version but as close as I’ve gotten at home. The grilled chicken in kebab form would have been fine on it’s own.

To drink was a Manhattan!

27 Likes

That looks great!

And now I think I know what my cocktail is going to be tonight…

1 Like

You are killing me, Mr Happy, killing me.

3 Likes

I think I know what’s for dinner now! Thank you.

1 Like

Nicely done! That’s a labor of love.

1 Like

Chicken over rice from the local halal cart

. Not what was planned, but hit the spot anyway.
17 Likes

@Phoenikia. what is the white ingredient between the avocado and tomato, please.

Tonight’s dinner was a salade nicoise. I dressed it with an olive oil/lemon juice vinaigrette and chives.

21 Likes

Dang, if you and BF can eat fried rice with chopsticks, I am envious. I always eat fried rice with a spoon.

10 Likes

Another favorite salad! So excited to see these warmer weather dishes start to appear.

Sun-dried tomato, chicken, pesto and tortellini with asparagus. A Julia Pacheco recipe, that took less than 30 minutes to prepare, starting with frozen cooked shredded rotisserie chicken in place of the raw listed.
A half-recipe made 4 servings for us.
No pictures, but it looked like the one posted with the recipe. And tasted great.

13 Likes

Pizza night. New and I thought tasty combo of ingredients. H’s crust, tomato sauce, some dollops of olive tapenade, the first garden asparagus, soyrizo, goat cheese, and mozz.

20 Likes

Diced feta cheese, instead of blue cheese in that Pseudo Cobb. A restaurant in Calgary used to offer feta as alternative to blue.

1 Like

Shrimp Fra Diavolo over creamy, cheesy, caulienta (cauliflower polenta). I used Calabrian chilies, those little devils are hot. Salad of tomato, cucumber, red onion, little mozz blobs, o&v dressing with a sprinkle of dried basil. I made the little mozz blobs with my melon baller. Warm sourdough seeded roll with tpstob. Una Negroni.

18 Likes

This is the way!

3 Likes

Started out with chopsticks, finished with a fork. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Scallion-roasted chicken over gold potatoes. Salad greens from the garden.

22 Likes

Italian app night: Eggplant Caprese Stack and assorted meats and cheeses.

To drink was multiple French 75’s.

Dessert: BF was off today (I was not :expressionless:) and he went to NYC with a friend and picked up cookies from Ferrara’s.

23 Likes

Ironically it was just above freezing and snowing out today;) but I know what you mean. I look forward to many more main course salads these days especially with my CSA starting in a few weeks.

2 Likes

Chicken teriyaki plate lunch style with macaroni salad, rice, baby broccoli, and a fried egg.

20 Likes