What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

Tonight was frozen lasagna, pesto asparagus, and CSA radishes with cucumbers and peppercorn ranch.

21 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was chicken caccitore.

17 Likes

me too. i love broccoli when it’s soft, it gets so sweet! with just good evoo, s&p? delicious.

4 Likes

If you have extra pepper halves and want a variation - taco-stuffed (cumin, chili -etc. seasoned ground meat mixed with salsa, refried beans & cheese) is good. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes. Serve on a bed of Spanish rice.

6 Likes

Thanks! I will definitely keep that in mind for down the road. Between the stuffed peppers and Sunday’s shrimp, I managed to use them all up this go round!

1 Like

No mix needed! It’s just tequila, agave syrup, and lime juice. Like a daiquiri but with tequila instead of rum, and agave syrup instead of simple. At Tommy’s I saw them make it by just squeezing some limes, putting some agave syrup, and pouring tequila into a blender jar filled with ice and then shaking it a bit.

3 Likes

OH OK! because i thought I’d seen their mix sold in stores, but maybe I’m imagining that… so i need to get myself some agave syrup.

“Kids” just back from Turkey and their first stop was In and Out. I was working on Salisbury Steak, but In and Out appears to be what’s for dinner!

20 Likes

That would totally work for me tonight! None here in Washington yet, but hit one while out of state recently - love it!

Making friends with salad

23 Likes

Ah, looks like there is a mix, but it just has lime juice and agave in it

Might as well just use fresh limes?

3 Likes

This looks SO good! I love this kind of salad.

3 Likes

I wish I’d eaten that!

1 Like

I haven’t had a cobb salad in ages…

1 Like

Stir-fried shrimp, ginger and asparagus. Unsure as to source of the recipe (Cooks Illustrated?), but along with the usual Asian elements in the sauce, it calls for a touch of sugar and cider vinegar. Yum!

21 Likes

Cravings. Patty melt and potato salad. Patty melt was ground tri-tip and bacon, caramelized onion, swiss cheese and horseradish mustard on rye. Potato salad, baby reds, hb egg, red onion, dill pickle, red pepper, mayo, sour cream, mustard with a splash of vinegar dressing. A glass of hard cider.

26 Likes

yeah, that’s why i was surprised when I thought you’d used it. always prefer fresh limes.

1 Like

it’s been a few years (like maybe 5?) for me… i’m still a fan!

1 Like

BF unearthed a lemongrass beef shank stew I made a couple months ago from the freezer and served it over rice noodz. more soupy than stew this time, but the meat had really great beefy, fatty flavor. i need to use beef shank more often. i also remember i used whole radishes in this instead of daikon, and will do that again too. his little cuke salad was excellent, with mirin, rice vinegar, lime juice, thai bird chilies, s&p, and thai sweet chili sauce for the dressing.

22 Likes

Cheesy shrimp tacos and an avocado.

25 Likes