What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

Would love that for my dinner Audrey. Cdc was gifted some pizza and we did have fun making the pizza better. Was easy and mellow. Freshly sauteed mushrooms in a bit of leftover fat from a fried hamburger patty and pre shredded mexi blend cheese. Having some serious dinner envy here as it is a chilly night here in the NE.

1 Like

Love this. A good cook on another site convinced me that ground turkey can be better than beef in some dishes. I am a bit set in my ways but this is a goddess cook and I trust her completely. Plus I can get ground turkey often very cheaply at my lidl. This is one of my favorite meals in late July because it goes so well with our local corn. Then again what doesn’t?

1 Like

Tuna with cucumber, avocado, soy, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Black sesame seeds, Kewpie mayo and homemade ginger dressing added to make for a better picture but tasted good as well.

21 Likes

Tomato Chutney Chicken (don’t have another name for it but use Suvir’s tomato chutney and cook chicken in it with some coconut milk or cream) and Chana Masala, Basmati Rice (Rainbow sells this as basmati but it’s not my favorite).

24 Likes

that is gorgeous.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you so very much.

Winner winner chicken dinner! Cacciatore style. Was really not feeling chicken last night, but H put this together, and it was really good. Maybe that was just the browned butter and mizithra on the bucatini talking though. With roasted sprouts.

21 Likes

Dinner Tonight: Sheet pan cod with crispy potatoes and a green salad, adapted from this ATK recipe .

20 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was fettuccine al pesto (mostly fettuccine, a little pesto) and spring mix.

23 Likes

Meatloaf. Roast potatoes and Brussels.

23 Likes

My son and I have an annual NFL Draft night party. Due to the pandemic it became a new stay home reason to have a party. (I actually built a 2nd outdoor living area with a couch and TV for the two years we couldn’t use our season tickets to the NY Giants) Tonight it’s nearly freezing temps make out door cooking a bit uncomfortable so I did most work indoors and finished the ribs and hot dogs on the grill.

On the menu:
Quick pot of chili. Yea mine has beans and meat, deal with it! Lol
Fried wings tossed in a very nice honey sriracha with sesame seeds. I love fried chicken bits on fried wings, nailed a quick sauce.’ Port wine Mac and cheese, ribs done low and slow in the oven at 250 with a nice dry rub, heavily dry spiced with ample brown sugar. Bake 2 hours cover in bbq sauce and finish on the grill for an hour. Tender spicy and great sweet tang! Corn on the cob and hot dogs to round it out.

As I said to my 24 year old son, most young men living at home ask to host a party for 6 of his friends is happy if their parents say yes. They are thankful if the parents throw in a pie for the night. Not a bad tailgate I threw together! Had to leave work at 2pm to shop and get the chili and ribs on! What we don’t do for our children.

Great night, great pick NY Giants unfortunately I aggravated my almost recovered gout attack, I over stressed it and am paying a price. Thank Goodness legal marijuana is now available in New Jersey, this is truly a medicinal cause to try it!! Lol

Peace peeps.

The crew

I will spare you the swollen red inflamed size 14 fugly toed pictures I took with the intention of posting. On second thought…………

22 Likes

Those wings! And ribs! :heart_eyes:

Is port wine and cheese made with one of those '70s cheese balls? They always remind me of my great aunt - in a good way.

3 Likes

We had neighbors over for an outside playdate. The mom is on a pretty strict low-carb diet at the moment, so in addition to pizza and snacks for the kiddos I made a veggie and dip platter and put out shrimp cocktail. Her hubby partook at least, and she ate a few shrimp and veg to be polite. From what I understand the diet is mostly powders (rough).

25 Likes

Pasta primavera from the New York Times, together with yesterday’s leftover roasted scallion chicken breasts. First time making this version of the pasta dish, I liked it – using Greek yogurt for the dairy kept things light. It went very well with the cold (room temp) chicken.

Asparagus, peas, shallots, scallions and tarragon from the garden.

22 Likes

Please, could you elaborate on the honey sriracha, sesame treatment for the wings? It all looks great, and yes, your son is very lucky, as is the rest of your family! You care for them well.

5 Likes

I think you should get rid of the Junior. And change it to Go Big . Large fantastic meals , always.

3 Likes

Sure I tossed the wings in a sauce made of equal parts ketchup and sweet tangy bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays) with sriracha and honey in equal parts about half volume to the ketchup and bbq. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds!

4 Likes

Thank you very kind sentiments!

1 Like

Pad woon sen, tofu with ginger, scrambled eggs with lion’s mane mushrooms. The first two from Simple Thai Cooking!

PXL_20220420_033348597

19 Likes