What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

Have fun in Berlin. Glad you are getting three months this year instead of the usual two months. Looking forward to seeing all your posts from Germany this summer.

1 Like

Ho-lee shiite-ballz! What a spread!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

I am man enough to admit when my menu has been inspired by someone else. @chiel that mixed grill looks so good I decided to make myself one for dinner.

Pork-Turkey Sausage-Shrimp - Steak
Eggplant - Peppers-Onions-Mushrooms
Yellow Rice

Delicious! Hope you enjoyed yours as much as I did mine! Thank you for the inspiration!

24 Likes

Greek Easter dinner - part 2.
Things got hectic yesterday, but everything turned out well, and it was a fun day and evening. Our niece announced her engagement, she was surprised with a ring and proposal just the day before. She brought bubbles, so we toasted and made merry. There was a lot of wine! Anyway, pics as promised, the food plated, and dessert, which was lemon cake, with berries and coconut whipped cream. Niece brought kourambiedes and baklava, but sorry, no pic of those.

25 Likes

Lovely dinner of small producer kielbasa that was exquisite; cuke & dill (lightly pickled), asparagus dressed with cherry tomatoes & red onion. ETA oops, & smashed baby potatoes with skin on.

22 Likes

Cooking for just me and the kiddo - I made chicken, poblano, Hatch chili and cheese baked spaghetti with zoodles folded in and cauliflower and sour cream in the sauce. It was rich and tasty - made my babe’s (separate) portion mostly pepper-less.

Sauteed CSA chard on the side. Mini ice cream sandwiches and a long walk for dessert.

26 Likes

Fridge clean-out fried rice: Leeks, scallions, carrots, Thai bird chilies, Thai basil, mint, ginger, garlic, bacon, and eggs. Sesame oil and Maggi Seasoning to finish, Sriracha on his, furikake on mine. With a little side of marinated sliced cukes and japanese pickled radish. BF wolfed down three bowls. Very satisfying dinner.

fried rice 1

24 Likes

Leftover Greek lamb, Greek salad, angel hair with Rao’s Marinara and a Waldorf salad tonight.

8 Likes

Bucatini with home-made basil pesto. Roasted Italian sausages with garden asparagus.

Sausage from Uli’s at the Pike Place Market.

24 Likes

Breakfast tacos for dinner with eggs, salsa Mexicana, and avocado, with a side of refried black beans.

And a Tommy’s Margarita.

25 Likes

Chicken poblano mole, Mexi cauli rice. A romaine wedge with radishes, olives, green onion and chipotle ranch dressing. There was tequila.

23 Likes

Those comments make it seem not worth the time but any pantry friendly recipe always grabs my attention. And cabbage? That stuff can sit in the fridge for weeks and still be salvageable. Curious about this one…

The critics were a little harsh. It’s not that bad but my only complaint is that it’s not spicy enough and I used a whole jalapeno. One reviewer suggested adding curry paste and I may try it the next time I make this dish.

2 Likes

WOW. WOW WOW WOW. Fabulous!

i’ve never purchased the Tommy’s mix, though i used to go to Tommy’s a lot back in the day…

i just bought Bucatini No. 6, where I’d only ever found the thicker No. 5 before - is yours the thinner?

@ mariacarmen
These were Barilla, and they don’t give their number on the box. I’ve had thicker Bucatini in the past from other sources, so I assume this is a thinner variety.

1 Like

Had a nice quick dinner last night. Had a baked potato with sour cream and cheddar cheese, salted halved grape tomatoes, and broccoli, which regrettably, was overcooked.

19 Likes

Send it my way. I like it mushy :joy:

3 Likes

Dinner last night, tonight, and probably tomorrow, is stuffed green peppers. My shopper from Instacart apparently was unable to distinguish between poblanos and green bell peppers, so I received 4 green peppers that were each at least as large as a shotput. Standard rice and ground meat (turkey) filling with tomato sauce and cheese. I don’t make stuffed vegetables all that often, but these turned out pretty good!

21 Likes