What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

Despite the overcast weather that started as we headed into the early evening, I was able to get some grilling in today. We did grilled bass fillets, accompanied by grilled broccolini (tossed in the torrada dressing from the Amá cookbook - walnuts, pecans, chiles, lime, anchovy, olive oil…I skipped the cheese called for), corn tortillas (store bought), and pico de gallo (subbed scallions for onion). Delicious and we are stuffed!

18 Likes

What an excellent idea!

12 Likes

I highly recommend Sable & Rosenfeld Tipsy Onions.

3 Likes

The best!!

1 Like

Tonight’s dinner was stuffed green pepper with com dressed with chile pepper/olive oil/lemon juice and cauliflower with cheese sauce. I couldn’t make up my mind if I wanted a spicy side or a comfort food side so I had one of each.

18 Likes

Best of both worlds!

Part II of the white veggie pizza, using up the parmesan-oregano bechamel from the freezer. Parm, low-moisture mozz, fresh mozz, marinated artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes in oil, fresh asparagus.

Salad greens and asparagus from the garden.

27 Likes

Polenta fries! Had to bake them since our air fryer died the other day (RIP :pray: ). The perfect side dish to an excellent sandwich of chicken cutlets, fresh Mozzarella, tomato, and balsamic glaze (no pics of that, but it was amazing).

Pic of cutlets:

23 Likes

BF made dinner - TJ’s pork belly, rubbed with a little smoked bourbon sugar, mashed taters full of buttery goodness, sauteed endive, and puree of carrots with orange juice, various warm spices, and habanero sugar. it had been a really long time since we’d had that pork belly. Still good!

18 Likes

that looks luscious!

Chili/mince/taco filling.

22 Likes

Last night I decided to take it easy and just do burgers.

You need french fries:

Onion rings too:

Meh I didn’t appreciate any difference, Bubba burgers are just as good to me:

Mine: burger, American yellow processed cheese, Mayo-ketchup-sriracha, jalapeño peppers, tomato. onion ring & a Onion roll- Delicious!

Store bought mac salad and 4 bean salad

(Easy night - I’ve got to admit I work full time and have a busy schedule but when I cook I enjoy the challenge. Forcing myself to make onion rings and fries by scratch, within a limited window of time, brings the “hustle” of being in a commercial kitchen again. The multi tasking, the short time frame reminds me of cooking “professionally” in my youth. I don’t like standing watching a pot boil, I like action and performing under pressure, even if the pressure is self imposed)

25 Likes

Got to use the grill again! Snake River Farms hanger steak (two more in the fridge that may very well be hangover brunch tomorrow) and onion rings (frozen). Lord Hobo Boom Sauce for BF and Terrazas de Los Andes (2019) Malbec for me!

19 Likes

OK, can I just say that I love that you’ve pre-planned for a hangover brunch? Well done, you!

3 Likes

Thank you! It was a joint decision between me and BF. This may very well be a multiple movie and beverages night and we’ve definitely been down this road before!

3 Likes

When previous experience smacks you upside the head and says “Hey you…listen to me NOW!” it’s best to take notice. :rofl:

2 Likes

Quick and easy dinner:

BISO chicken thighs tossed with buttermilk, and then into some Dixie Fry mix. Baked at 400° for about 45 minutes, basting once with the fat in the pan.

A salad with what I had in the fridge: red leaf lettuce, half a chopped tomato, sliced radishes, shaved carrot, and cubed Monterey Jack cheese, tossed with Penzeys Buttermilk Dressing and Dip Mix augmented with extra cracked black pepper.

Oh, yes. A nice chardonnay from J Vineyards. Happy Friday, all.

21 Likes

We enjoyed our first al fresco dining experience, on the deck, this year, on a beautiful Friday evening. Mrs. P made her famous Andouille sausage pizza and homemade guacamole and chips. It all went great with an excellent Malbec red blend.

25 Likes

What flour did she use for the dough - looks relatively dark like some WW ?

She didn’t make the dough. She used store bought Stonefire thin crust. It’s our favorite. It stays crispy.

4 Likes