What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

We had conference calls all evening so I ordered in for everyone.

There was a great deal on momos, so that was the plan. After we got off the calls and I checked on the order — the deal was so good they ran out and canceled my order :woman_facepalming:t2:

Plan B: fried rice and hakka noodles, indian chinese style.

I had made a mixed vegetable soup before we got on the call, so we had something while we waited — bottle gourd, aromatics, a bit of tomato, all pureed and finished with sesame oil. Sounds weird but tasted delicious.

13 Likes

Wow! I’m tempted…just H normally isn’t hot with sweet potatoes…

Thanks, yours is gorgeous + + !! Love every dish in your fiesta iberico!! Your BF is crème de la crème.

4 Likes

I might have missed your earlier description. Can you share a recipe/the gist?

1 Like

Maria, were your sherried mushrooms similar to these?
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/438845/recipe/sherry-and-garlic-mushrooms

Thanks.

Ask and you shall receive:

2 Likes

Thank you! I have to agree
:stuck_out_tongue::heart:

1 Like

My husband doesn’t like sweet potato fries yet he can’t get enough of these.
If you do make them I recommend using smaller sized sweet potatoes.

3 Likes

For Supper tonight my husband surprised me with pizza. Sorry no picks dove in right away!

2 Likes

Last night’s second booster wiped me out today. A mid-afternoon trip to Home Goods, and I was done.

Wasn’t super hungry, but I had taken the dough, sauce and sausage out of the freezer, so…

Sausage and roasted broccoli pizza with some tomato sauce augmented with tomato paste, dried basil, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, and a smidge of Aleppo pepper.

A very small glass of wine, as I expect to crash early. Sleeping in and a late morning nap didn’t help.

24 Likes

Beef keftedes, with lemony roasted potatoes, Greek salad and tzatziki.

Red onion, shallot, parsley and dill from the garden.

25 Likes

Caprese salad with herb sauce.

IMG_1754

Fish chowder with mushrooms and wild spinach. And too much lemon, but don’t tell anyone.

IMG_1756

23 Likes

The corned beef is making it’s swan song tonight. Accompanied by brussels sprouts colcannon, my butter pool sprang a leak, and a salad of butter lettuce, radicchio, avocado, carrot, green onion with honey mustard dressing.

25 Likes
6 Likes

Pork schnitzel . Mashed potatoes with the butter lake . Cheers .

31 Likes

Played sous chef at my sister’s tonight - first time making homemade ravioli - 4 cheese - with her tomato butter. Asparagus was perfect with the sauce. French pink bubbles from TJs.

36 Likes

Wonderful looking ravioli but the little dog is a scene-stealer.

10 Likes

That’s Rita Moreno! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Fusion Salad. It’s a little Cuban, a little Vietnamese, a little Korean, and a little Island. It is also really good. So light and refreshing with so many different textures and flavors. My mouth is happy.

30 Likes

We had another appetizer night (a.k.a let’s tear through the fridge, freezer, and pantry looking for odds and ends to get rid of). Didn’t manage to get through even half of what my goal was-- BF brought a couple of snacks from the Thai restaurant on his way home from work and while they were delicious, they kind of filled us up.

No pics of the food since was not really concerned with presentation.

Drinks were a Bluecoat martini with an orange slice for me, a dirty Aviation gin martini for him, and mom joined us and had an Appletini (vodka-based)

20 Likes