What's For Dinner #75 - the " Thanks and Giving Season" Edition - November 2021

Sorry, I forgot to add - he added about 2 Tbsp extra water.

My Grandma and my Mom used to call those Sorry Taints. As in “Sorry, (i)t ain’t something more.” :wink:

5 Likes

Tonight the boys are coming over since the Giants are playing for Monday night football. Tonight’s meal; The Peyton Manning………”Chicken parm you taste so gooood”

14 Likes

Last night with many thanks to @LindaWhit I had a delicious oven-fried chicken thigh, soaked in buttermilk spiked with salt, granulated garlic and hot sauce then tossed with Dixie Fry. Easy-peasy and super tasty! With fermented seaweed salad (think a kelp version of sauerkraut) and (over)roasted grape tomatoes.

Tonight, a couple of yummy skinny garlic confit lamb sausages, roasted tomatoes, oil-roasted potatoes and peas. The potatoes are a lovely variety with both red and yellow skin and deep yellow interiors - super delicious!

14 Likes

Cool retro plates.

4 Likes

Kind of weird but yes. In a rental, not mine.

3 Likes

Ooh, I’m glad you liked the Dixie Fry as well! Not fried chicken the way the Colonel would produce, but does well in a pinch when you have that craving.

1 Like

In case anyone on WFD didn’t see this yet:

4 Likes

This has every flavor profile that I love and crave. And your “wonton noodles” - brilliant!

2 Likes

My local farm carried these a few weeks back. I was told they were some Maine variety but I can’t remember the name of the top of my head. They were very nice!

5 Likes

:hushed: How could you? I cast a pox upon you!

:microbe:

Uh oh!

:hot_face:

:face_vomiting:

4 Likes

How does this recipe strike you? Are the potatoes normally mashed? http://meerasodha.com/gujarat-part-3-mumbai-street-food-in-gujarat/

The masala base is fine but I’d double the ginger garlic and garam masala (start with a little garam masala and add to taste at the end).

She’s missing all the other vegetables though - carrots, green beans, peas.

You can also finish with chaat masala for extra oomph.

2 Likes

Many thanks!

1 Like

they actually were called wonton noodles - i’m imagining made of the same stuff as wonton wrappers, but they were full-length noodles. they cooked up very fast.

2 Likes

As promised October 3, 2021… (we met in 1969…you thing we procrastinated?)
Happy Thanksgiving all!

22 Likes

I will be the first to congratulate you @PHREDDY. :sparkles::boom::star2::dizzy::star:

6 Likes

I will be the second! Congratulations!! I expect a full review of each meal on the honeymoon!!! God bless!

4 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS! Wishing you a life together of good times and good food!

2 Likes