What's For Dinner #75 - the " Thanks and Giving Season" Edition - November 2021

Congratulations @PHREDDY ! You two make a lovely couple! Better late than never :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congrats to you and the Mrs! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

1 Like

Congratulations @PHREDDY! Wishing you and your wife every happiness! Happy Thanksgiving, too.

1 Like

Mazel Tov! But how old was she in 1969? 6?

2 Likes

Gorgeous couple! Felicidades.

I successfully made vada pav after handholding from @Saregama. If you look closely you’ll see I accidentally used parsley instead of cilantro on this pair. Corrected on the third sandwich and much better. Generosity with the lime and extra seasoning were key. The latter ones I barely toasted and liked their buttery soppy-ness even better. With green salad with creamy spiced mustard dressing.

17 Likes

Felicidades!

Mazel tov!

a pre-cooked corned beef was rescued from my sister’s freezer (vacuum-sealed) and the BF prepped it, along with his extra buttery mashed potatoes with requisite butter lake, and a spinach salad with roasted carrots.

18 Likes

Congrats - the nuptial pair look great! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. :maple_leaf::turkey::fallen_leaf:

Congratulations!!!

Last two dinners aren’t gonna win any awards but got the job done. Last night was what has become my Monday night meal the last few weeks: roast beef, caramelized onion, tomato, provolone, and Dijon horseradish aioli panini. Minimal effort.

Tonight was Chicken Tikka Masala via Sukhi’s pre-made and purchased at Costco. Normally when I use simmer sauces I doctor it up but this came precooked with the chicken and I left it alone. No pics because I was not expecting much but it was DELICIOUS. Served with naan and Jaipur Vegetables with paneer from Trader Joe’s, and basmati rice-- the only thing I actually cooked!

19 Likes

How the sausage gets made (metaphorically) chez small h.

Part the first: I find myself outside of Fairway and remember that Fairway is the only place to get Ben’s cream cheese (outside of Russ & Daughters, which charges the earth). Ben’s is the best cream cheese. I go in and buy some Ben’s cream cheese.

Part the second: Now I have to make bagels to go with the cream cheese. My bagel game is okay, not great, and it’s a three-day process. Nevertheless, it has to be done.

Part the third: Now I need some smoked salmon. I’ve just bought some to bring to a friend’s party. Can I dip into that and keep some for myself? No. I have to go back to Nordic Preserves and buy more. So! Tonight! Breakfast for dinner. Also a single-serving cauliflower, roasted. I enjoyed that more than I thought I would.

IMG_0531

IMG_0528

20 Likes

Better late than never, congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving with your new family.

My dinner tonight was a Manhattan, sticky bourbon chicken thighs, rice and asparagus vinaigrette salad with pickled carrots and Tokyo turnips. French vanilla ice cream with a splash of Galliano and pistachio.

IMG_3989

IMG_3992

17 Likes

looks fantastic! i personally prefer the wide ones. it should be the same as the thin ones, just alkaline noodles from what it looks like.

1 Like

Thai Rice Soup (Khao Tom) with pork meatballs, rice, shallots, ginger, lemongrass, garlic, chili sauce, fish sauce, cilantro, lime, crispy onion and (too long cooked) egg

19 Likes

Nice!
Did you like it?
Did you not mash it because you weren’t sure you’d like the texture?

I realized I should have looked to see if Chai Pani makes it - of course they do!
(Not sure why the pic won’t load but the link works).

1 Like

This sounded so contradictory to me that I totally understood it.

Another person might have bought the best bagels in their vicinity to accompany the best cream cheese and the specialty salmon, rather than making okay bagels that take three days. :rofl:

And yet, I get it. :upside_down_face:

(Cauliflower looks perfect!)

6 Likes

That panini looks on point. Nicely compressed and toasty with delicious flavors!

2 Likes